Official: Raiders to play 2019 season in Oakland

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

Raiders belong in Oakland. But the way Oakland is treating the NFL and the raiders, I would have a very sour taste in my mouth if they played there again this year. 

I prefer them to be in Oakland too. But they’ll be more successful in Vegas due to the influx of cash and getting FA’s to sign imo.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:22 PM, StocktonSav said:

So now it's about free agents? The "brand" as you stated is not the same thing as the on field product.

This idea that billion dollar stadiums are a necessity is owner propaganda pure and simple. Competent and effective ownership, management, and coaching are what winning organizations are founded on. Not shiny new stadiums. This is about Mark Davis' bank account not wins and losses.

Oh look who just got it.  We know what the NFL is all about.  There's a lot of positive happening with this move and you're dwelling on the negative.  Sour grapes dude.

I just want to say that I am very excited for their new stadium in Las Vegas.  My goal now is to retire in Las Vegas and purchase season tickets.  Of course I still have another 10 years to go before I can retire from the military, but I still hope that it ends up happening.  Their new stadium is going to be incredible.  The coliseum is terrible.  I've been to the Dolphins' and Saints' stadiums and they're much better than what the Raiders play in.

45 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Exactly what he said.

Right. Thank you for your clarification. Very insightful. But my question was to clarify what he meant by "treating." Is there a development in the Coliseum negotiation? Is the city asking for a crazier price now or something? If there any update?

This is a discussion board, no?

Being a fan from Ohio, I have no stake in where they play, Oakland or Vegas.  I try to put myself in someone's shoes from Oakland and understand how painful that would be to lose "my team".

With that said. There is not a whole lotta love I can give to Oakland anymore.  The Davis family has been trying to get a new stadium there since the 70s or 80s? This isn't just about Mark. This isn't breaking news or a recent development.  Oakland didn't do it's part, plain and simple. Al took the team to LA to get a stadium and failed.  Went back to Oakland in the 90s, but continued to try and get a new place.

After 40+ years of trying the "Raiders" will have a new stadium.  I am a fan of the "Raiders". This will be the 3rd city that "my" team has played in in my life.

As for the dysfunction talk, I don't get that either.  40+ years of trying to get new digs. It finally happens and everyone is salty about it? Get over yourselves.  I don't see how playing in Oakland this season is so bad either.  Mark looked for other options after being sued by Oakland. Can you blame him?? Wouldn't you look for a new place to live sooner if your city sued you for moving next year?

1 hour ago, StocktonSav said:

Right. Thank you for your clarification. Very insightful. But my question was to clarify what he meant by "treating." Is there a development in the Coliseum negotiation? Is the city asking for a crazier price now or something? If there any update?

The city is suing the NFL and the Raiders over a routine conduct of business. It's petty and childish, as well as unprecedented. I've read some of the paperwork and the content of what they've decided to sue over is utterly ridiculous. It's textbook definition of a money grab. Instead of simply saying, "Hey we don't have any public money to give you, you can build your own stadium or look elsewhere", they said "build your own stadium and if you leave we'll take your money". The city government has shown little if any dignity during the last 10 years of stadium negotiations. 

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

The city is suing the NFL and the Raiders over a routine conduct of business. It's petty and childish, as well as unprecedented. I've read some of the paperwork and the content of what they've decided to sue over is utterly ridiculous. It's textbook definition of a money grab. Instead of simply saying, "Hey we don't have any public money to give you, you can build your own stadium or look elsewhere", they said "build your own stadium and if you leave we'll take your money". The city government has shown little if any dignity during the last 10 years of stadium negotiations. 

Gotcha. I thought you were referring to the lawsuit but didn't want to assume.

Yea I read the City's complaint as well. Should be interesting to follow from a legal perspective going forward.

3 hours ago, StocktonSav said:

14 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

Gotcha. I thought you were referring to the lawsuit but didn't want to assume.

Yea I read the City's complaint as well. Should be interesting to follow from a legal perspective going forward.

Hahaha!

Classic.

26 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Hahaha!

Classic.

So I had a good guess as to what he was talking about but asked for clarification before I made assumptions. I was under the impression that's what adults do, no? I suppose I should have jumped to conclusions instead.

Additionally, my question was directed at NickButera. He provided a response. What is your contribution to this exactly? You've provided two pithy comments to a question I didn't ask you. And why? You're holding some grudge over a disagreement we had two days ago? Petty.

14 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

So I had a good guess as to what he was talking about but asked for clarification before I made assumptions. I was under the impression that's what adults do, no? I suppose I should have jumped to conclusions instead.

Additionally, my question was directed at NickButera. He provided a response. What is your contribution to this exactly? You've provided two pithy comments to a question I didn't ask you. And why? You're holding some grudge over a disagreement we had two days ago? Petty.

It's a forum. The reply buttom doesn't disappear when you ask someone else a question.

You knew what was being referred to as shown from your next post.

We are all forum vets here and can recognize feigned ignorance.

Not holding a grudge. I just don't like your point of view or the passive aggressive/bait and deny style of posting.

30 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

It's a forum. The reply buttom doesn't disappear when you ask someone else a question.

You knew what was being referred to as shown from your next post.

We are all forum vets here and can recognize feigned ignorance.

Not holding a grudge. I just don't like your point of view or the passive aggressive/bait and deny style of posting.

I knew what he meant? Riiiight. That does seem to be the rushed twitter finger type response. I'll continue to ask before concluding based only on my initial assumptions though.

I fail to see the passive aggressive or bait aspects of my posts. I asked for clarification. NB provided it. I responded briefly and moved on. No mention of disagreement or discontent. If that's baiting in your world then you're exceedingly sensitive. I wouldn't expect such emotional delicacy from a "forum vet." Maybe step away from the keyboard for a minute. Take a breath.

Archived