Official: Raiders to play 2019 season in Oakland

RaidersAreOne

28 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Probably deserves it's own thread.

It'll be interesting if the 49ers block this. What a - show though. I can't believe we didn't have any viable contingency plans in place for if this happened.

It’s beyond ridiculous we didn’t have a plan in place. I hope they let us play there. Would be  great for the Bay Area fans to basically get more home games 

6 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

It’s beyond ridiculous we didn’t have a plan in place. I hope they let us play there. Would be  great for the Bay Area fans to basically get more home games 

The plan was to stay in Oakland even if we had to pay more. The city joining the ridiculous lawsuit changed it. I believe the SF stadiums were always the plan B but it takes time to get these things done.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Is there just no place to play in Nevada? They can't just get there already? 

This organization is an embarrassment sometimes. 

Nope. no place that is ready for NFL productions.

Mark and co are working to bring financial and organization stability to change the stigma some may ascribe to the franchise.

On 2/4/2019 at 8:15 PM, daineraider said:

I’m surprised Cal wasn’t begging for the Raiders to play there.  They are so upside down on their stadium that they should be desperate for any extra money they could bring in.

City of Berkeley would never agree to it.

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Mark Davis is truly out of his depth. What a mess. 

I came here to say something like this too.

Bottom 5 owner for sure, could easily be named worst owner...

Messed up with his moves over his GM, hired a TV star to be HC for crazy money, dealt away one of the best edge guys of this decade, hired a TV star to be his GM, can't figure out where to play his final year, everytime he gives an interview, there is something to laugh about in it, I start to be sure, that there is some serious hick up about the LV move too, it's just not public yet...

If Gruden and Mayock can turn this franchise into a well run one, they are clearly magicans...

2 hours ago, Rolni said:

I came here to say something like this too.

Bottom 5 owner for sure, could easily be named worst owner...

Messed up with his moves over his GM, hired a TV star to be HC for crazy money, dealt away one of the best edge guys of this decade, hired a TV star to be his GM, can't figure out where to play his final year, everytime he gives an interview, there is something to laugh about in it, I start to be sure, that there is some serious hick up about the LV move too, it's just not public yet...

If Gruden and Mayock can turn this franchise into a well run one, they are clearly magicans...

Mark Davis is Tommy Boy in every sense of the character. We just need to hope in the 3rd act (move to Vegas) he saves the team and everyone has something to cheer about.

Archived