Worst SB ever?

Chiefer

It really depends on criteria. I actually enjoyed the field position play and the value of 1st downs.

To each his own. The Rams-Titans Super Bowl saw several missed field goals to give a low scoring first half. The Rams almost went down to tie it 10-10 late.

But in this modern era, that 13-3 stat line seems unreal.

However in terms of quality I still say Super Bowl 40 is the steaming pile. Every good play was called back by questionable flags, mostly on the Seahawks. It was the Super Bowl that made you think NFL was certifiably rigged with how blatant the crap was. So no.

I think for #2 we have a few candidates, not just the 2018 edition. Super Bowl 9, Steelers 16-6 over Vikings with a 2-0 half-time score and the 72 Dolphins beating the Skins 14-7 as it was going to be a 14-0 or 17-0 game until an all-time gaffe resulted in a late Redskins TD on defense.

Agree about the halftime show and general lack of entertainment. However, it was close all the way to the end and the Pats moved the ball pretty well (just couldn't punch it in) and had a terrific defensive performance.

From the more recent SBs, you had two terrible ones back to back in seasons 2005 and 2006. The first with two boring teams and refs screwing everything up, the other with Rex Grossman as the starting QB. Come to think of it, it might be the two least impressive playoffs runs from two QBs with Grossman's 3/3 TD/INT ratio and Manning's 3/7. The only thing entertaining in that game was Hester's kick return TD. Prince did crush the halftime show though, while I can't say I remember much of the Rolling Stones from the year before. 

IDK about worse ever..but it might be the most bland Superbowl I've seen(been watching since SB30) just nothing really happened + the commercials were boring too..what happen to superbowl commercials being fun? feel like the idea of crazy SB commercials being part of the event is fading away...

Archived