Was Super Bowl LIII "boring"?

Tetsujin

Was the Super Bowl "boring"?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Was the Super Bowl "boring"?

• Yes, kinda
    • No!

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

No, I'm not assuming they have something magical about them. I know that barring a Whitworth or Sullivan retirement, they're likely to have their entire starting offense back with one of the best offensive minds in football and a young QB who has averaged 4000+ yards, 30 TDs, 8+ YPA, and a 100+ passer rating over the past two years. I also recognize that outside of Suh, the Rams aren't losing anyone major on defense and have the ability to plug some key holes. Basically, I know the Rams and understand football.

Now, again, I ask you, "We maxed out a nose tackle? Who is that?"

As for the Chiefs, you're likely to lose either Ford or Houston. You fired your DC and hired a guy with a spotty track record. You have a lot of holes to fill on defense.

But hey, we have Jared Goff, who took us to a Super Bowl, and you have Patrick Mahomes, who didn't.

Bill Vinovich, not Jared Goff, took you to that Super Bowl. Remember that. Bill Vinovich, not Jared Goff, took the Rams to the super bowl. Meanwhile the Chiefs hold an extra 2nd round pick (thanks Rams) in a defense heavy draft. And Ford is trash anyways. Playboy is a bonehead who went try hard mode in his contract year and mustered 13 sacks. Woopity doo. I'd be shocked if we kept him. ****, maybe we can tag him and trade him to you guys for another 2nd round pick.

**** the way I see it, we got nothing but upside. We just had the worst defense in the league and still were one bonehead play by Ford from winning the championship.

4 minutes ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

Bill Vinovich, not Jared Goff, took you to that Super Bowl. Remember that. Bill Vinovich, not Jared Goff, took the Rams to the super bowl. Meanwhile the Chiefs hold an extra 2nd round pick (thanks Rams) in a defense heavy draft. And Ford is trash anyways. Playboy is a bonehead who went try hard mode in his contract year and mustered 13 sacks. Woopity doo. I'd be shocked if we kept him. ****, maybe we can tag him and trade him to you guys for another 2nd round pick.

**** the way I see it, we got nothing but upside. We just had the worst defense in the league and still were one bonehead play by Ford from winning the championship.

Nah, you were one boneheaded play by Ford from getting to the championship. We actually got there. But make all the excuses you want. BTW, maybe if you had Peters instead of the 2nd round pick, you would have been able to make a stop when it mattered lol.

2 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I will never get the Goff hate. Do people not realize McVay never had an elite offense UNTIL he had Goff. Goff can play 8 good games and play 1 stinker and everyone would say he's been figured out and can't read defenses. 

That's the reality of posting on a forum. Some people know what they're talking about. Others don't. Doesn't take long to figure out which category a poster falls into.

4 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I will never get the Goff hate. Do people not realize McVay never had an elite offense UNTIL he had Goff. Goff can play 8 good games and play 1 stinker and everyone would say he's been figured out and can't read defenses. 

It all started for me when I did an extensive review of Sammy Watkins tape with the Rams and realized the guy was wide open all the time Goff just couldn't get him the ball.

1 minute ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

It all started for me when I did an extensive review of Sammy Watkins tape with the Rams and realized the guy was wide open all the time Goff just couldn't get him the ball.

How did Sammy Watkins play this year with a far superior QB? Surely Mahomes got him the ball frequently if he's always open. Did your extensive review of Watkins game conclude that he's worth 16M/year? 

How did Sammy Watkins play this year with a far superior QB? Surely Mahomes got him the ball frequently if he's always open. Did your extensive review of Watkins game conclude that he's worth 16M/year? 

If he's healthy then absolutely. But he never is and that's why he's not worth that much. But it's basically a 2 year contract and he'll get cut after next season when Mahomes gets his 200M dollar deal.

Yes this was boring.  Two teams that nobody wanted to win.  They couldn't move the ball.  There weren't any defensive plays that stick out.  The commercials were not entertaining.  Maroon 5 played at halftime.  Just an all around un-entertaining event.  

If we hadn't been betting most people wouldn't have stuck around.  Getting drunk, betting, and goofing around with friends made this a good night.  There was also a football game on.

7 minutes ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

If he's healthy then absolutely. But he never is and that's why he's not worth that much. But it's basically a 2 year contract and he'll get cut after next season when Mahomes gets his 200M dollar deal.

I agree with the health part. Fact is though he really wasn't a ton better in kc than he was in LA. He was more efficient in targets averaging 1 more yard per target but Watkins was much better in the red zone with the Rams. If you are going to dock Goff for not featuring Watkins I feel you have to do the same for mahomes... Which I know is stupid. Arguing that the best offense in the NFL did a bad job utilizing its resources is silly. 

I agree with the health part. Fact is though he really wasn't a ton better in kc than he was in LA. He was more efficient in targets averaging 1 more yard per target but Watkins was much better in the red zone with the Rams. If you are going to dock Goff for not featuring Watkins I feel you have to do the same for mahomes... Which I know is stupid. Arguing that the best offense in the NFL did a bad job utilizing its resources is silly. 

Thank you lol you already said what I was gonna say. Mahomes can get the ball to anyone he wants to so might as well share the wealth and keep the defense on their heels.

2 minutes ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

Thank you lol you already said what I was gonna say. Mahomes can get the ball to anyone he wants to so might as well share the wealth and keep the defense on their heels.

Lol, you don't get it. I'm saying criticizing a team for not utilizing its resources while having the #1 offense is idiotic. Like criticizing the Rams for not utilizing Watkins in 2017 when we had the #1 offense. It's the same counter you have for Watkins this year but it's used to bring Goff down. It makes no sense.

Archived