Was Super Bowl LIII "boring"?

Tetsujin

Was the Super Bowl "boring"?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Was the Super Bowl "boring"?

• Yes, kinda
    • No!

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Was it great defense or simply poor QB play? The two shouldn't be confused as the same.

Any poor QB play by Goff was a result of 

1. Taking away the run. 

2. Constant pressure

3. Changing up the scheme list snap 

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Was it great defense or simply poor QB play? The two shouldn't be confused as the same.

The pats defense was amazing, so was the rams imo. 

Goff was mostly horrible, the rams oline was pretty average, and cooks was bad. 

See, I'm not so sure if the defenses were amazing, or if the offenses (particularly the Rams) were just that awful.  But yes, the game was insanely boring.  The Rams offense scored like 33 points per game and only had 3 last night.  They almost literally did nothing.  The Pats offense played poorly as well.

Yes it was boring. First time since I've started watching the Super Bowl over 20 years ago I found myself not paying attention to the game while it was on and had it on more as background noise while I did other things during much of the 2nd half.

It had some great defensive play...but the lack of offensive from the Rams has to push it into the boring side of things.

It was painful to watch them and McVay's performance.

Wade and the D did a really nice job all night. Same with the Pats D.
Pretty good special teams besides the missed kicks

But as good as the Defenses were, I think the offenses both kinda took the night off...with the Pats kinda stirring every now and then.

I don't think I stood up once from my seat. This game had no big time plays or highlights. No big hits, crazy contested, game-changing sacks (maybe the brady fumble?), and the biggest runs were late in the last 60 seconds of the game. I can enjoy a defensive game, but I still want to see some highlight reel action. Sans a few drives by each team, this game felt like a bunch of 3 and outs.

I’m a Browns fan used to watching totally inept QB play, so watching Goff last night was just like watching any other young Browns QB in the post Kosar and pre Mayfield era. Until this year I just assumed that’s how football was supposed to be played.

I'm not going to say it was boring - but in a season where I was conditioned to a wide open passing game and explosive offenses, watching two high powered offenses helmed by two great QBs putting up a combined 16 points wasn't what I was expecting.

There was a ton of sloppy offense, too - that could be due to some great defensive calls, but I think it was mostly due to some poor execution.

Archived