Which team would win the SB if Saints and Chiefs went?

mdonnelly21

///  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which team would win?

Would've been a more enjoyable game with the Chiefs, their lackluster D maybe allows Goff to do something. 34 - 20 Chiefs

I think Patriots would have beaten the Saints, would've been a better game. But the way they stopped Goff would've worked for Brees too.
Saints lack the talent and interior rush that the Rams have that kept them down.

Would've been like a 24-14 game

Edit I actually read the question,

Chiefs would win in a shootout like last year.

Chiefs are my brothers team.

Ive spent a lot of time the last two weeks thinking about how fun it would’ve been to watch the bowl together with each of our teams in it.

and I would’ve gladly ruined our relationship afterwards regardless of the outcome. What a missed opportunity to hold one over my big brother until the end of time 

2 hours ago, Dome said:

I don’t know that Brees would’ve been terrified by the Chiefs defense either. 

Brees played like crap at the end of the year. With Rankins down Mahomes would've had his way with the rest of their defense. Too bad the Saints window closed or we could see it next year darn guess he'll have to carve up the Bears

6 minutes ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

Brees played like crap at the end of the year. With Rankins down Mahomes would've had his way with the rest of their defense. Too bad the Saints window closed or we could see it next year darn guess he'll have to carve up the Bears

ehhh I mean Rankins is good but Cam Jordan is the heart and soul of that defense and the best player on the D as well.  I think he would have worked Schwartz.

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Would've been a more enjoyable game with the Chiefs, their lackluster D maybe allows Goff to do something. 34 - 20 Chiefs

I think Patriots would have beaten the Saints, would've been a better game. But the way they stopped Goff would've worked for Brees too.
Saints lack the talent and interior rush that the Rams have that kept them down.

Would've been like a 24-14 game

Edit I actually read the question,

Chiefs would win in a shootout like last year.

Rams would have beaten the Chiefs. Looking at the absolute brilliance of Wade Phillips against Brady, he'd have had something cooked up for Mahomes. I can't say the same about Bob Sutton. That's the big difference in the game. It would have made for a better game, and I thought before last night that KC would have won this time around. However, seeing our defense play like it did last night, I don't think the Chiefs would have won that game. I don't think Bob Sutton or the Chiefs defense are capable of doing what BB and the Pats defense did.

1 minute ago, sryan66611 said:

ehhh I mean Rankins is good but Cam Jordan is the heart and soul of that defense and the best player on the D as well.  I think he would have worked Schwartz.

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen Schwartz get worked,  and that’s with having Miller/Mack/Bosa/Ingram plus more in division during his time here.

He might be the better player, but interior pressure is how teams somewhat stopped us.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Rams would have beaten the Chiefs. Looking at the absolute brilliance of Wade Phillips against Brady, he'd have had something cooked up for Mahomes. I can't say the same about Bob Sutton. That's the big difference in the game. It would have made for a better game, and I thought before last night that KC would have won this time around. However, seeing our defense play like it did last night, I don't think the Chiefs would have won that game. I don't think Bob Sutton or the Chiefs defense are capable of doing what BB and the Pats defense did.

Maybe, but stopping Old Man Brady. with only JE at wideout, the walking husk of Gronk and a solid stable of RBs is a much easier task than stopping Kelce/Hill/Mahomes with the other guys they have mixed in.

I don't think they would totally shut down McVay/Goff like the Pats did. But it was so obvious how to screw with Goff, gotta think the Chiefs look to do something similar. 
Hard to say with how anemic Goff looked how much was the Pats and how much was the stage.

I think any of the 4 AFC divisional teams would've beat the Rams in the SB really.

Archived