NFL Seasons over.. On to the Combine, FA.

Giants4eva

Well 2018 is officially over with New England doing the usual routine of appearing in the Superbowl. And we all know the result :( ... Now that said. Who's our top FA targets to improve our Gmen? Whos the guys were letting go? Who are we zeroing in on at the combine? .. Have at it. 

TOP FA--

1- Darryl Williams OT f/Carolina..  IMO the top man we gotta throw money at. Yes i know we need pass rushers, but if we can come away with Williams to shore the right tackle spot, i feel our line will finally be respectable. I know he is coming off an injury to his knee but all things considered the man is 26 and in his prime. Gotta lock this guy up for 4/5 seasons and solidify the right side. 

1A- Trey Flowers / Dee Ford .. NE / KC .. Flowers honestly is one of those guys who i think could flourish in Bettchers scheme. We desparately need someone besides OV to get at the passer. Dee Ford would be dynamite to land but i think that's a pipe dream. The more realistic player i see coming away with is Flowers. Either one i would not complain at all. 

2 - Free Safety. If we go into another season with Curtis Riley as our starting FS .. I think the Giants are saying Jerry Reese is still the GM. Couple of guys whom i would love to bring in to pair along side Landon are Haha Clinton-Dix, Tyrann Mathieu or Adrian Amos. To me Haha could be a reality considering his ties to LC in the past. Would love to see it happen.

3- Maybe this should even be the top move already.. Landon Collins needs to be resigned or Franchise Tagged. This guy without question is our top defensive player. He's a leader on that side of the ball and in the locker room as well. 

Stuck at work but will write more and continue on with this thread as it progresses. Thoughts...

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

The Giants shouldn't be signing high priced FA. They should focus on getting solid depth players. They should re-sign Collins though.

I have a feeling Gettleman is going to dump the overpriced players from the last regime like Vernon and maybe Jenkins. Eli’s contract will be off the books this year or next. We can, and should go after a couple of the big names. We didn’t have a pass rush to speak of, so a guy like Ford would help. Focus on the defensive side of the ball.

17 minutes ago, Gmen said:

I have a feeling Gettleman is going to dump the overpriced players from the last regime like Vernon and maybe Jenkins. Eli’s contract will be off the books this year or next. We can, and should go after a couple of the big names. We didn’t have a pass rush to speak of, so a guy like Ford would help. Focus on the defensive side of the ball.

I agree with dumping the veterans, but it depends on the price of Ford. Is Ford to Vernon going to be a huge difference? We save just $11M on Vernon with 8M of dead cap. I cannot believe Ford will be under that.

Bring back Jamon Brown Landon Collins Corey Coleman Mario Edwards 

Reconstructure contracts:

Eli Manning

OV

Janoris Jenkins 

Free Agent targets:

Daryl Williams  RT

Jason Verrett CB 

Preston Smith OLB

Devin Funchess WR

Draft:

1st Devin White

2nd Taylor Rapp

I’m assuming they trade into it/3rd Chase Winovich 

the rest is all depth CB OL DL LB 

just my wishlist forgive me this was also off the top of my head I didn’t address the QB because as much as I want to move on from Eli there’s bigger needs AND better QB prospects next yr I just don’t see reaching for Haskins I wouldn’t even consider Murray not convinced he’s all in on Football 

6 minutes ago, Ermertne said:

Yes that’s what I meant my bad 

All good. With those 3, Eli is the only one that would consider it IMO. I don't think OV and Jenkins want to take less money to play for a non contending team. I believe its stick or cut for them. Cut is probably most likely. 

10 hours ago, Kodaraw said:

I would prefer JuWuan James to Williams for RT. 

Resign Collins and Jamon Brown. 

Go after Malcolm Brown, Za’Darius Smith, JuWuan James.  

Wouldn't be sad with those pickups. James is a good tackle on the rise. Would be very happy to come away in free agency with that group

Archived