Leo Williams

jetfuel34

13 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Why does everyone like Fowler? I really hope we land Trey Flowers.

Its not that I think some of us like Fowler its just that a lot of signs point to him being a big target for us. So no sense in denying it. We liked him a ton in the draft. And have tried trading for him twice in the last year. So as a UFA, you can bet we will go after him. He's young and has a ton of talent. Its for the coaching to get the best out of him. Bc he has the tools.

On 2/28/2019 at 9:24 PM, rampantjet said:

I think very few people like Fowler..... I think Macc likes him therefore he is talked about.

On 3/1/2019 at 7:47 AM, Bobby816 said:

Its not that I think some of us like Fowler its just that a lot of signs point to him being a big target for us. So no sense in denying it. We liked him a ton in the draft. And have tried trading for him twice in the last year. So as a UFA, you can bet we will go after him. He's young and has a ton of talent. Its for the coaching to get the best out of him. Bc he has the tools.

Oh that makes sense. I tend to ignore rumors so I haven't caught that we were linked to him. I really don't like his motor. I can see him panning out like Wilkerson did. 

5 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Mark my words it will be the same people here complaining that Leo doesnt do enough around week 3. 

I don’t complain about Leo. For one we do him zero favors by playing him over tackles instead of letting him attack from the interior. Two I’ve seen him be extremely disruptive regardless of the lack of sacks.

I'm not happy with staying in a 3-4 mainly bc of Williams and Anderson being wasted. Hopefully Williams is flexibly with formations to allow them to get in better situations than that of Bowles. Bc to this stage Leo has been under utilized and someone needs to make him more disruptive. Bc the talent is there, but he's not being use correctly.

13 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I don’t complain about Leo. For one we do him zero favors by playing him over tackles instead of letting him attack from the interior. Two I’ve seen him be extremely disruptive regardless of the lack of sacks.

He is not worth 14 million.  He is not as disruptive as Sheldon and has never taken over a game like Mo before he got paid.  He's a good player but he's not controlling how well the defense plays or leading the way.  

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-a-look-ahead-to-the-top-potential-free-agents-in-2020

“Leonard Williams will only be 26 next summer after he completes the final stretch of the fifth-year option of his rookie contract in New York.

The interior defender’s production has quietly been lost amid the Jets’ roster rebuild, but Williams has provided overall grades of 75.0 or greater in each of his four seasons in the NFL. The USC-product has also generated an average of 52 total pressures and 34 defensive stops over that span.“

Leo finishes inside the top 10 amongst interior defensive lineman in both pressures and stops on a yearly basis. I know this is a crazy concept, but maybe just maybe he’s actually a top 10 DT?

2 hours ago, BlaZeN37 said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-a-look-ahead-to-the-top-potential-free-agents-in-2020

“Leonard Williams will only be 26 next summer after he completes the final stretch of the fifth-year option of his rookie contract in New York.

The interior defender’s production has quietly been lost amid the Jets’ roster rebuild, but Williams has provided overall grades of 75.0 or greater in each of his four seasons in the NFL. The USC-product has also generated an average of 52 total pressures and 34 defensive stops over that span.“

Leo finishes inside the top 10 amongst interior defensive lineman in both pressures and stops on a yearly basis. I know this is a crazy concept, but maybe just maybe he’s actually a top 10 DT?

Meh for the #6 pick you want more than "Hidden production"  Real production would be nice.

Archived