We're onto 2019 Mock Draft 2-5-2019

Arthur Penske

Retained

-Breeland go with youth here over Tramon

- Kumerow (ERFA)

-Marcedes Lewis-  1 year deal. He's not going to stretch the field, but with help run block and you need that with Graham being a TE on your team.

-Wilkerson-  1 year deal

- Jake Ryan-1 year deal

- Ibraheim Campbell

- Nick Perry cut.

Free Agents - Gutey and Ball gone wild

Preston Demarquis Smith (EDGE-WASH). 26 years old and talented. Kirk Olivadotti helps recruit him to GB given his familiarity with him in Washington. Has been somewhat inconsistent, Mike smith helps him out like he did with Dee Ford. Middle names fits in with Equanimeous Tristan Imhotep J. St. Brown.

Jusitn Houston- (EDGE- KC) Kansas City is going to go with Ford over Houston and Justin follows Coach Mike Smith to GB. Fack, Smith, and Houstin is a real nice rotation.

Lamarcus Joyner (S-LA)- With Tramon and Brice gone, this position is addressed here. He’s relatively young at 28 years old.

Draft

1 (12) Brian Burns EDGE FSU (6’5”,240)- Overkill at EDGE with Houston and Smith? No, the unit needs a complete overhaul and this gives burns a chance to develop and fill out in a NFL program a bit.

Image result for brian burns fsu

1 (30) Dalton Risner OL (6’5”, 309)

-        Versatile and talented player who has played multiple positions. Has a great nasty attitude.

Image result for Dalton Risner

2(44) Taylor Rapp, S,Washington (6’0”, 206)

-        Already signed a premier Free Agent at safety, but this position needs to be rejuvenated. Especially with Tramon and Brice gone.

Image result for Taylor Rapp

3 (76) Connor McGovern OG PSU (6’5” 323)

Image result for connor mcgovern penn state

4 (108) Caleb Wilson, TE UCLA (6’4” 235)

Image result for Caleb Wilson, TE UCLA

4 (112) Isiah Buggs, DL Alabama (6’5”, 286)

Image result for Isaiah Buggs, DL Alabama

5 (140) Shareef Miller EDGE PSU (6’5”, 259)

Image result for Shareef Miller EDGE PSU

6 (172) Dexter Williams, RB Notre Dame (5’11” 215)

Image result for Dexter Williams, RB Notre Dame

6 (182) Preston Williams, WR Colorado State (6’4”, 206)

-        Take a flier on a guy Whitted coached at Colorado. Has some character concerns.

Image result for Preston Williams, WR

7(204) Easton Stick, QB (6’2” 220) North Dakota State

- another #12 in the mix

Webp.net-resizeimage%20%2823%29.jpg?itok=uo0mjiJt

Yeah this could work for me. Big fan of Preston Smith. Contract numbers obviously dictate how good it is for all of them. Neither here nor there on Joyner. Burns is gonna depend on what athleticism he shows at whatever size he's at. If he's at 225-230, he's just too small. If he can put up great numbers at 240, then we're talking. Really like Risner.

26 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

Yeah this could work for me. Big fan of Preston Smith. Contract numbers obviously dictate how good it is for all of them. Neither here nor there on Joyner. Burns is gonna depend on what athleticism he shows at whatever size he's at. If he's at 225-230, he's just too small. If he can put up great numbers at 240, then we're talking. Really like Risner.

Totally on burns.

with Risner I’m starting to doubt he’ll be there at 30.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Totally on burns.

with Risner I’m starting to doubt he’ll be there at 30.

I'm having similar concerns w/Risner at 30. Thing that might push him down is he might profile athletically as a guard rather than a tackle, which will push him down the board due to positional value.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Isn't Risner projected to be an interior lineman?

I really don't mind this draft too much though I'd rather go DL with Wilkins or Simmons at 12. I think Burns is a reach there.

I drafted Risner to be an Olineman so it’s possible he end up interior. Ideally he could play OT and G/C if needed.

2 hours ago, jleisher said:

Surprised nobody has hit you with the maddenish free agents signings verbiage yet.  I was looking at Smith as well for my next mock, thinking 4yrs/$54m, cap hit of $12 in 2019.  Again, I like the creative thinking, nice job.

That might be too steep for me. But then again you may have to overpay to get an EDGE in free agency.

2 hours ago, Cheech said:

If contracts are equal, I'm taking Matthews over Wilkerson as a re-signing. 

I'm done with Lewis, too.  He was terrible in the few snaps he played last year.  

Other than that, I'll take it.  Nice work.

How the heck would we know a lost Lewis? Guy got hardly any snaps and when he did they wasted them. Bet he had fewer than 10 targets and was hardly ever used to help out a pourous offensive line when he’s one of if not the best blocking TE’s in the league. 

Archived