We're onto 2019 Mock Draft 2-5-2019

Arthur Penske

2 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

How the heck would we know a lost Lewis? Guy got hardly any snaps and when he did they wasted them. Bet he had fewer than 10 targets and was hardly ever used to help out a pourous offensive line when he’s one of if not the best blocking TE’s in the league. 

Except he was awful at that too in the very few snaps that he got last year.

3 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I don’t think we have the cap to make that happen. 

Also 2 Gs in the first 3 rounds? 1 is fine. 

I'd hope Dalton could play OT down the line. He's also played center.

Can never have too many good offensive lineman

They need a starter at RG too. Also, Lane Taylor only have 1 more year left on his deal after this season.

6 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I'd hope Dalton could play OT down the line. He's also played center.

Can never have too many good offensive lineman

They need a starter at RG too. Also, Lane Taylor only have 1 more year left on his deal after this season.

I know you can’t have enough linemen, but 2 high picks in guard is excessive. I’ve argued for 1 and the positional value nazis went ape.

20 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

How the heck would we know a lost Lewis? Guy got hardly any snaps and when he did they wasted them. Bet he had fewer than 10 targets and was hardly ever used to help out a pourous offensive line when he’s one of if not the best blocking TE’s in the league. 

Lewis looked done last year.   I don't see how he was wasted.  He was brought in almost exclusively as a blocker and he wasn't all that effective.  If anything he hurt the offense as he caused it to be super predictable.  I don't think getting older and less athletic at TE isn't the answer. 

Time to bring in an all around TE who's competent at both blocking and receiving as this is the year to do so.  Tired of having a TE who you have to take off the field in running situations  because he blocks like he's a 175 lb WR.  

1 hour ago, SSG said:

Lewis looked done last year.   I don't see how he was wasted.  He was brought in almost exclusively as a blocker and he wasn't all that effective.  If anything he hurt the offense as he caused it to be super predictable.  I don't think getting older and less athletic at TE isn't the answer. 

Time to bring in an all around TE who's competent at both blocking and receiving as this is the year to do so.  Tired of having a TE who you have to take off the field in running situations  because he blocks like he's a 175 lb WR.  

But how do you know? He had very few snaps. Cool hot take though

Don't love it, don't hate it.  Great effort that I appreciated reading.

• - Like keeping Breeland (and cutting Williams), Wilkerson and Ryan.
  • - Like signing Smith if he's affordable.
  • - Intrigued about Houston if he's cheaper and has gas left in his tank.  He's been awful banged up and his production has plummeted over the last 3 years. 
  • - Don't love Joyner.  He's a good player (seemed like he was a lot better in 2017)  but he could be at the top of this year's market for safeties. 

Burns lack of size scares me off.  I'm not sure I can name a successful 235 lb edge rusher in the NFL.  I also seen him in the Florida game where he was absolutely rag dolled when facing NFL caliper tackles.  At 30 or in the second round I'd probably be ok but Burns at 12 seems like a desperation reach for me.

Don't love drafting 2 guards with 2 of our first 3 picks given the holes up and down this roster.

Like the Tapp, Buggs and Miller selections. 

Mixed feelings on Wilson.  Great as a receiver but a lousy blocker.  I think blocking from the TE is going to be a lot more important in the new system.  I really want this to be the year that we invest into a solid all around TE given the strength of this class. 

Archived