Apex Legends (F2P BR)

Knowledge

6 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Looks kinda interesting. But even at free I dunno if I'll try. Basically took out all the cool mechanics from Titanfall and made a BR game.

I wish they kept the wall running. It does still have some cool movement though. 

The characters having unique abilities make it interesting. Almost like if Blackout and Overwatch had a baby

1 hour ago, flyers0909 said:

Just posted about this in the random thread.  I got 10 or so games in last night and it's really fun.  If you're into BR games at all you definitely need to try it, it's probably the most polished BR game on release we've had yet.  

I downloaded it overnight, definitely plan on trying it tonight. Watched shroud play a couple games when I went to bed last night and it looked really fast paced

I played a couple games and it seems great. The robust ping system is fantastic for a game like this, and the future of possibly adding new characters too is great.

I don't like the 3 man squads though, and while the ping system is great, I'd love a solo mode too. 

• Like 1

My initial impressions is I didn't find many things about this game fun. I don't like the art style and feel of it. If you're gonna make a cartoony looking game, go all out and add some fun weapons and stuff. All the guns in this game feel the same, it's feels like cartoon COD. I also don't like it when I have to shoot someone 60 times to kill them. Did you out position someone and pump a full clips into them? Well too bad, you needed to get 2 full clips, now they're gone and healed.

I'll play some more later in the week to give it a fair shake. The game runs really well and super well optimized though.

Definitely agree the TTK is a bit too long.  Nearly impossible to flank or take teams on 1 v 3 with how many clips it takes to kill people.  I feel like I hit a good amount of shots too but if I have to use 4-5 clips to kill 3 guys it's a near impossible task.  

Agreed on the sniping @JBURGE, I'm pretty sure the Longbow would take 4 shots to down someone with blue armor.  

Edited by flyers0909

40 minutes ago, showtime said:

The gun play is horrible, always have ammo issues, 3 man squads only, map is very small. 

This game is mediocre at best.

How is the gun play horrible?  I understand the ammo or TTK complaints but the gun play?  Also the map is small because there's only 60 people, the size is perfect so you actually get engagements instead of looting for 15 minutes before finding anyone. 

Rumors are 3 man squads is just for launch and there will be other playlists.  

• Like 1

Just now, flyers0909 said:

How is the gun play horrible?  I understand the ammo or TTK complaints but the gun play?  Also the map is small because there's only 60 people, the size is perfect so you actually get engagements instead of looting for 15 minutes before finding anyone. 

Rumors are 3 man squads is just for launch and there will be other playlists.  

Map is so bland and boring already.  How can the gun play be good, if the time to kill is too long and you have no ammo left after a gun fight?  There's nothing special about the gun mechanics in this game.

I love class based shooters, and I think the class system seems pretty decent, but that's probably one of the only positives I have about the game so far.