Apex Legends (F2P BR)

Knowledge

I don't mind three man squads, but I would want more options.  The thing is, I'm sure they tested this over and over again.  Maybe 4 players on each team (bringing to total from like 60 to 100) is too much.  Maybe that would be too chaotic for a game where everyone has abilities and ultimates.  Maybe two players is not enough to truly showcase the 'team play' that requires getting a full team together and having everyone be an important piece to winning.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Reminds me of Halo.. I hate halo.. Will try and keep grinding it but not really loving it. Love Blackout much more. 

Rammy, what in the heck.  This game is nothing like Halo, IMO.  Other than if you want to say the guns are pretty generic, but I'm assuming that's not what you mean since you play Call of Duty. 

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

Rammy, what in the heck.  This game is nothing like Halo, IMO.  Other than if you want to say the guns are pretty generic, but I'm assuming that's not what you mean since you play Call of Duty. 

Gun, ammo and armor. 

Im having a tough time figuring out what ammo goes with wht lol 

Just now, El ramster said:

Gun, ammo and armor. 

Im having a tough time figuring out what ammo goes with wht lol 

Yea, it can be confusing at first.  I just pick up ammo whenever I see it on the ground or when I get it from someone's box after I kill them.  As you play more, you'll start to know which guns use heavy rounds, light rounds, etc.

What class do you like the best so far?

21 minutes ago, showtime said:

Yea, it can be confusing at first.  I just pick up ammo whenever I see it on the ground or when I get it from someone's box after I kill them.  As you play more, you'll start to know which guns use heavy rounds, light rounds, etc.

What class do you like the best so far?

Idk only played like 2 games. Only love the peacekeeper 

This game doesn't have a chance of 'killing' Fortnite.  You have to remember that this is an EA game and EA is the greediest company on earth.  Look at the system they have in place of having to unlock characters.  That system absolutely sucks and I hate it.  It only benefits people who play the game a crapload to save up the in-game currency required to unlock characters as soon as they come out. 

Either make all characters in this game free as they unlock (what they should do) or introduce a pack that cost like $19 or so and will unlock all current classes in the game along with all future classes that get released (this is the system a game like Smite has). 

13 hours ago, showtime said:

This game doesn't have a chance of 'killing' Fortnite.  You have to remember that this is an EA game and EA is the greediest company on earth.  Look at the system they have in place of having to unlock characters.  That system absolutely sucks and I hate it.  It only benefits people who play the game a crapload to save up the in-game currency required to unlock characters as soon as they come out. 

Either make all characters in this game free as they unlock (what they should do) or introduce a pack that cost like $19 or so and will unlock all current classes in the game along with all future classes that get released (this is the system a game like Smite has). 

That is a puzzling move, and while I like to think there's more than just greed involved, I think that really nails it. This game does not need to charge for anything other than the skins and loot boxes to be a ultra super duper mega hit. They're just trying to squeeze out the most the can. I think if this game maintains a big following, down the road it'll be harder for newer players to play when there are like 8 locked characters so the barrier to entry being anything more than 0 is going to hurt the product, especially if there are any other true F2P games out there competing.

IMO this game will die out slowly, but will maintain a good enough following. I think a lot of people are playing because everyone else is playing. I don't think it'll be a Fortnite over time. Plus I would bet on EA pulling some kind of crippling pay to win move to raise their shares that creates a viral shiz storm.

Edited by Mossburg

59 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

That is a puzzling move, and while I like to think there's more than just greed involved, I think that really nails it. This game does not need to charge for anything other than the skins and loot boxes to be a ultra super duper mega hit. They're just trying to squeeze out the most the can. I think if this game maintains a big following, down the road it'll be harder for newer players to play when there are like 8 locked characters so the barrier to entry being anything more than 0 is going to hurt the product, especially if there are any other true F2P games out there competing.

IMO this game will die out slowly, but will maintain a good enough following. I think a lot of people are playing because everyone else is playing. I don't think it'll be a Fortnite over time. Plus I would bet on EA pulling some kind of crippling pay to win move to raise their shares that creates a viral shiz storm.

It would be cool if they released maybe 2 new characters at a time and have the option to unlock 1 of them right away, and have to use points to get the other one. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

No, fortnite needs to stay strong so all the children stay there.

Yea but what about the trolls? Inside every gamer a troll lurks ready to say or do something to piss off another person when do something annoying, or mean, or obnoxious, or maybe that person is just bored.