Apex Legends (F2P BR)

Knowledge

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been playing Apex on PC since the third day it came out. I'm burned out. Content is terrible. Server lag is terrible. The game play is incredible, and that is what sucks me in. I'm looking for something new to play that doesn't bore me. I love Apex, but they need to make some changes quickly. 

1 minute ago, coors said:

I've been playing Apex on PC since the third day it came out. I'm burned out. Content is terrible. Server lag is terrible. The game play is incredible, and that is what sucks me in. I'm looking for something new to play that doesn't bore me. I love Apex, but they need to make some changes quickly. 

Their content drip has been way too slow, at least the latest balance patch is a welcome addition.

They need to breath life back in the game. 

Just now, coors said:

Game has fallen off a lot since it's launch just two months ago.  People said this was the 'Fortnite killer'.  The reality is, this game is decent, but it's really not that good.  I don't mind playing it, but I don't see anything all that unique about this game. I'm someone who really enjoys cosmetics and this game has absolutely dropped the ball in that regard. 

Apex has already become a non-factor on Twitch.  Everyone thought it would be dominant there, but I called this - EA paid all those streamers to play Apex.  That's why nobody plays it on Twitch anymore.  The game just isn't fun to watch... at all.

As I type this right now.  Just a random 12pm est.  Fortnite has 132k viewers, Apex only 20k. 

As for me, I still play Apex.  Fortnite is just a vastly superior game in almost every way, but I do enjoy Apex still. 

32 minutes ago, showtime said:

As for me, I still play Apex.  Fortnite is just a vastly superior game in almost every way, but I do enjoy Apex still. 

I can't stand fornite, it's not fun to me, I hate 3rd person, and it's just a massive meme machine at this point. Some of the things they add are just like 'lol bcus we can"

But their target audience is more kids than anyone else. The kids are loyal and that's why Fortnite is not going to die. 

Apex has superior gameplay in every way IMO. But Fortnite will remain on top until BR fades into obscurity as a genre.

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

I can't stand fornite, it's not fun to me, I hate 3rd person, and it's just a massive meme machine at this point. Some of the things they add are just like 'lol bcus we can"

But their target audience is more kids than anyone else. The kids are loyal and that's why Fortnite is not going to die. 

Apex has superior gameplay in every way IMO. But Fortnite will remain on top until BR fades into obscurity as a genre.

I enjoy third person.  Third person is also genius because skins matter a ton.  There are other first person games that have awesome skins (Overwatch), but the skins in Apex are just garbage. 

I don't get why people say Fortnite's target audience is kids.  Their target audience is everyone.  Fortnite has a MUCH higher skill cap than Apex does.

Fortnite is a free game (as is Apex), so a ton of kids play both games because kids don't have money.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I enjoy third person.  Third person is also genius because skins matter a ton.  There are other first person games that have awesome skins (Overwatch), but the skins in Apex are just garbage. 

I don't get why people say Fortnite's target audience is kids.  Their target audience is everyone.  Fortnite has a MUCH higher skill cap than Apex does.

Fortnite is a free game (as is Apex), so a ton of kids play both games because kids don't have money.

Personally, I couldn't care less about cosmetics.

I'll agree to disagree on the target audience thing. I very much disagree about the skill cap matter.

I have seen many more kids on Fortnite than Apex, proportionally. Kids don't have money, but their parents have credit cards or they can always beg their parents for VBucks. The 3rd person aspect and cosmetics focus Fortnite has even moreso reinforces this. I'm willing to bet as you find players who get older that fewer and fewer players care about cosmetics from skins to emotes to etc. The gameplay and features feel more grounded in reality and not just inserted for the hell of it in Apex. 

I don't care for Fortnite for 3 primary reasons. The memey vibes that are forced into the game, 3rd person, and building. All personal preference. Building isn't for me. I want to spend time shooting at people not building absurd looking castles into the sky.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Personally, I couldn't care less about cosmetics.

I'll agree to disagree on the target audience thing. I very much disagree about the skill cap matter.

I have seen many more kids on Fortnite than Apex, proportionally. Kids don't have money, but their parents have credit cards or they can always beg their parents for VBucks. The 3rd person aspect and cosmetics focus Fortnite has even moreso reinforces this. I'm willing to bet as you find players who get older that fewer and fewer players care about cosmetics from skins to emotes to etc. The gameplay and features feel more grounded in reality and not just inserted for the hell of it in Apex. 

I don't care for Fortnite for 3 primary reasons. The memey vibes that are forced into the game, 3rd person, and building. All personal preference. Building isn't for me. I want to spend time shooting at people not building absurd looking castles into the sky.

Yea, you could care less about cosmetics.  But Fortnite has proven that's the key to driving profits.  The game makes like $500 million per month and it's a free game.  Cosmetics are a huge deal to a lot of players.... this is something Apex lacks and it hurts them.

You can disagree all you want about the skill cap matter, but you're wrong.  The building in Fortnite requires much more skill than anything in Apex. 

What you're saying about the kids point makes no sense.  Apex is literally based off of Fortnite's business model.  Fortnite is a free game - Apex is a free game.  Fortnite has character and gun skins - Apex has character and gun skins.  Fortnite has v-bucks - Apex has Apex Coins.  It's the same thing.  There's a ton of kids, teenagers and adults who play both games.  This is such a bad point to make.

If you don't like Fortnite because of the building, then that's understandable.  Most people who don't like Fortnite don't like the building.  I don't understand the meme aspect.  It's the most popular game in the world.... of course it has memes.

As you said, it's all personal preference.  There are people who play Call of Duty as their first person shooter over a game like Overwatch.  Some people just like playing inferior games.

• Like 1

The state of Fortnite has just completely disinterested me from the game.  The building is at a ridiculous point right now and yes it does take a lot of skill, it just became not fun for me.  Because it wasn't fun I didn't play as much.  Because I didn't play as much people got better at building while I didn't and now I'm at the point where it just doesn't look fun at all. 

I mean watch the Fortnite World Cup.  The end game is just ridiculously stupid.  People boxing themselves in afraid to shoot at anyone and more than half the lobby either gliding around or in one of those stupid balls they added.  

Once they started adding planes, zip lines, balls, balloons, and all those other crazy movement items I was just done with the game.   

Seasons 2 through like 4 were just so fun though where building and gun skill were pretty equally important, I'll always like the game for those memories.  

Edited by flyers0909

1 hour ago, flyers0909 said:

The state of Fortnite has just completely disinterested me from the game.  The building is at a ridiculous point right now and yes it does take a lot of skill, it just became not fun for me.  Because it wasn't fun I didn't play as much.  Because I didn't play as much people got better at building while I didn't and now I'm at the point where it just doesn't look fun at all. 

I mean watch the Fortnite World Cup.  The end game is just ridiculously stupid.  People boxing themselves in afraid to shoot at anyone and more than half the lobby either gliding around or in one of those stupid balls they added.  

Once they started adding planes, zip lines, balls, balloons, and all those other crazy movement items I was just done with the game.   

Seasons 2 through like 4 were just so fun though where building and gun skill were pretty equally important, I'll always like the game for those memories.  

The World Cup is bad.  But once again, Fortnite being the trailblazers... doing something that nobody else has the balls to do - push a real competitive mode in a BR game.  Arena mode is good, IMO.  That's the true ranked mode.  It needs to be adjusted here and there and it's new, but it's a good start.  The World Cup needs a complete overhaul, probably from a rules perspective.