Apex Legends (F2P BR)

Knowledge

Just now, showtime said:

Map is so bland and boring already.  How can the gun play be good, if the time to kill is too long and you have no ammo left after a gun fight?  There's nothing special about the gun mechanics in this game.

I love class based shooters, and I think the class system seems pretty decent, but that's probably one of the only positives I have about the game so far.

I think of gun play as how they handle and shoot, not TTK.  I think the guns feel good (to be fair, some of the ARs/SMGs feel a little too similar but I think TTK changes can fix that).  

The loot system and inventory management is by far the best of any BR that has come out.  Attachments auto swap to guns you pick up and the inventory is super easy to manage.  The classes are really different but are definitely not OP.  Not to mention its by far the most polished BR on release that we've seen.  

I think it needs work but the game came out 2 days ago.  I'm willing to give this some time and see how they react to community feedback.  Everything so far seems like they're headed in the right direction.  

Saying this is the most polished BR on release means nothing after it has had all this time to take notes from PUBG and Fortnite.  It should be polished.  I mean, the loot system and inventory system isn't better than Fortnite's system because of how simplistic it is.  That's another thing, I think guns laying on the floor are a bit too hard to see.  Some of them blend in with the floor environments.  The Fortnite system of highlight a shotgun in green, blue, purple or gold is still the best out because it's super easy to see there is a weapon and separate it from ammo laying on the ground.

I don't think this game is designed to compete with Fortnite, but rather more with PUBG, Blackout, DayZ and all those other Battle Royale games that are second rate.  So in that case, it has a chance to be the best. 

To me, this game's class system is good, like I have already said, but that's it.  There's nothing else about this game that makes me want to play it other than that.  It's bland and boring, outside of the class system and not impressive at all.  Especially considering this game came out so late in the life span of BR games and has had plenty of time to be super unique.

I'm loving this so far. The class abilities take BR to the next level and allow for extreme outplays. Majority of the guns are laser beams so i think the ttk feels good and allows you enough time to use your abilities to get out of trouble. Each character seems very well balanced and fits into the game play well. Best thing about this game is no one knew it was coming out so it wasnt overhyped and they've pretty much knocked it out of the park. Oh and its free and doesnt look like a free game or play like one 

• Like 2

Another night of this game and it is super fun.  The looting is so easy, the guns are getting more diverse as I play more, and the classes are pretty damn balanced.  Hemlock with a 2x and put on single fire is my favorite gun so far, just got my first game with over 2k damage. 

3 hours ago, showtime said:

I tried this on PC today.  Wow.  It's night and day.  This game is just horrid on console.  Using the inventory system is so flawless on PC.  I hate having to push the dpad on console, scroll with the stick, etc. 

Everythings better on PC lol

On 2/9/2019 at 12:16 AM, showtime said:

Since this is more of a team based BR, I'm kind of thinking they're not going to allow a solo mode.

I understand that, but they need to at least add duos or squads. Three is just a strange number for a game. Most people either want to play with one friend or team up with several. 

6 hours ago, Lions017 said:

I understand that, but they need to at least add duos or squads. Three is just a strange number for a game. Most people either want to play with one friend or team up with several. 

I expect this to be an unpopular opinion, but I love the 3 man squads. I usually play with 2 or 3 when I would play Blackout, so with 2 and one random it's not too bad, and with a full 3 it's great. 

• Like 1