TCMD 2019 GB Packer WAR ROOM

squire12

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Kevin Johnson at corner is one I'd look at.  Trade a 5'th or so for him and then you don't need to re-sign Breeland.

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

Not sure on him.  He only played 1 game in 2018.  Need to do some digging as to why that was

1 year for $9M 

2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I absolutely would be against adding Kevin Johnson for any pick at a $9m cost. He will be our CB3 possibly even 4. 

No chance on trading for Justin Houston or Vernon. As mentioned, Houston is almost certainly going to be cut. Perry and Graham I would trade if we get a half decent offer, but trading Mike Daniels would make me pretty damn sad if we didn't get a 2nd for him, and even still that's a rough deal

I didn't see the $9M price tag.  Easy pass.

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If Ferrell is there, move a 4'th for him.  Easy decision.

I hope the draft is after the combine. I'm holding off any Ferrell opinions until I see his numbers.

EDIT: Do we have a calendar for when FA and the draft are going to take place?

4 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

I hope the draft is after the combine. I'm holding off any Ferrell opinions until I see his numbers.

My feeling is that if he's smart...he does not do drills at the combine.  Others will blow him away.  Wait for the pro-day in a controlled environment that he knows.

I think he's going to be just bendy enough with very good power.  And you can't measure hand fighting at the combine, it's his best quality.

Honestly, he should be there at #12, Polite and maybe even Burns should leapfrog him on the Big Boards.

Just now, vegas492 said:

My feeling is that if he's smart...he does not do drills at the combine.  Others will blow him away.  Wait for the pro-day in a controlled environment that he knows.

I think he's going to be just bendy enough with very good power.  And you can't measure hand fighting at the combine, it's his best quality.

Honestly, he should be there at #12, Polite and maybe even Burns should leapfrog him on the Big Boards.

I'm pretty sure I'll be pounding the table very hard for Polite. Burns, it just depends on if he's 240 or 220.

2 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

I'm pretty sure I'll be pounding the table very hard for Polite. Burns, it just depends on if he's 240 or 220.

You know I'm a Ferrell "guy", but if Polite measures nicely with the arms and can be 240, I can get behind him, too.  He's the quick twitch guy that can wreck a play in an instant.  And that isn't Ferrell.

4 hours ago, rcon14 said:

I feel like Polite is going to get absolutely blasted by his measurables.  For some reason, I'm getting the feeling he's going to be short with short arms.

Response from HOU GM on Mercilus

From GB.... 3rd + some players

3rd + Kendall Donnerson (or Kyler Fackrell) + Gerhard de Beer (or Bryan Baluga)

We need STers (Donnerson) + OL starters / depth (de Beer).

I figured the people in bold were off limits, but I included because ya just never know

Interested in peoples thoughts.  

I feel that a 3rd is high for sure.  I would be fine with moving Donnerson or de Beer with a later pick and maybe get a 6th or 7th back.

SOme players that stood out in my look at the UFA list

• Offense:

• IOL 

• 3011 - AJ Cann - RG -- APY = $800K

• 3601 - Rodger Saffold - LG -- APY = $8.2M

• 3575 - Ramon Foster - LG -- APY = $5.7M

• 3054 - Ben Garland - LG -- APY = $4.8M

• 3065 - Billy Turner - LG -- APY = $1.8M

• 3571 - Quinton Spain - LG -- APY = $1.7M

• 3252 - Eric Kush - LG -- APY = $1.2M

• TE 

• 3344 - Jesse James - TE -- APY = $2.1M

• 3690 - Tyler Kroft - TE -- APY = $805K

• WR 

• 3314 - Jamison Crowder - WR -- APY = $3.8M

• Defense:  

• EDGE 

• 3568 - Preston Smith - 34OLB -- APY = $19.4M

• 3200 - Dee Ford - 34OLB -- APY = $19.4M

• 3302 - Jadeveon Clowney - 34OLB -- APY = $15.5M

• 3710 - Za'Darius Smith - 34OLB -- APY = $10.7M

• 3629 - Shaquil Barrett - 34OLB -- APY = $2.6M

• 3177 - Dante Fowler, Jr. - 34OLB -- APY = $5.7M

• 3007 - Adrian Amos - S -- APY = $10.2M

• 3009 - Adrian Phillips - S -- APY = $7.25M

• 3253 - Eric Reid - S -- APY = $4.45M

• 3451 - Landon Collins - S -- APY = $1.37M

• 3237 - Earl Thomas - S -- APY = $9.0M

• DL 

• 3713 - Zach Kerr - 34DE -- APY = $1.35M

• 3543 - Ndamukong Suh - 34DT -- APY = $12.0M

8 hours ago, Kepler said:

Barrett and Fowler.... FA over.

I like those players and the APY is more attractive than some of the high tier OLB/EDGE players.  

For each round of UFA contract bidding, each team has

3 UFA contract slots

1 Re-sign contract slot

1 "substitute" contract slot (this is a back up to 1 of the above offers, it needs to be designated to be the backup for a specific contract offer)

Archived