TCMD 2019 GB Packer WAR ROOM

squire12

I would advocate to not go over 5M for a guard.  I think the draft can offer an immediate starter.  Round 3 or later.  So really, you are buying insurance.

I think that the best value at EDGE is Barrett.  

For safeties, 9M is a good get for Earl Thomas.  I like the numbers for Anthony Harris as well.

Grab two safeties, an EDGE and maybe G for insurance.  

If you get two safeties, cut Tramon.  And if you cut Tramon, I like the number for Clowney.  

Let's say it is $38M to spend....after cutting Tramon.

Get ET and Harris at a cap number of 16.25M.  Another $15.5 for Clowney.  $31.75 spent.  Leaves GB with 6.25M.

Food for thought.

12 hours ago, squire12 said:

Response from HOU GM on Mercilus

Interested in peoples thoughts.  

I feel that a 3rd is high for sure.  I would be fine with moving Donnerson or de Beer with a later pick and maybe get a 6th or 7th back.

3rd is way too high for Mercilus. I was thinking more of a 5th and a depth player. He's a fine player, but there's not much/any extra value in that contract.

11 hours ago, squire12 said:

SOme players that stood out in my look at the UFA list

• Offense:

• IOL 

• 3011 - AJ Cann - RG -- APY = $800K

• 3601 - Rodger Saffold - LG -- APY = $8.2M

• 3575 - Ramon Foster - LG -- APY = $5.7M

• 3054 - Ben Garland - LG -- APY = $4.8M

• 3065 - Billy Turner - LG -- APY = $1.8M

• 3571 - Quinton Spain - LG -- APY = $1.7M

• 3252 - Eric Kush - LG -- APY = $1.2M

• TE 

• 3344 - Jesse James - TE -- APY = $2.1M

• 3690 - Tyler Kroft - TE -- APY = $805K

• WR 

• 3314 - Jamison Crowder - WR -- APY = $3.8M

• Defense:  

• EDGE 

• 3568 - Preston Smith - 34OLB -- APY = $19.4M

• 3200 - Dee Ford - 34OLB -- APY = $19.4M

• 3302 - Jadeveon Clowney - 34OLB -- APY = $15.5M

• 3710 - Za'Darius Smith - 34OLB -- APY = $10.7M

• 3629 - Shaquil Barrett - 34OLB -- APY = $2.6M

• 3177 - Dante Fowler, Jr. - 34OLB -- APY = $5.7M

• 3007 - Adrian Amos - S -- APY = $10.2M

• 3009 - Adrian Phillips - S -- APY = $7.25M

• 3253 - Eric Reid - S -- APY = $4.45M

• 3451 - Landon Collins - S -- APY = $1.37M

• 3237 - Earl Thomas - S -- APY = $9.0M

• DL 

• 3713 - Zach Kerr - 34DE -- APY = $1.35M

• 3543 - Ndamukong Suh - 34DT -- APY = $12.0M

I like Spain as a value get at OG. Shaq Barrett near that price is a good get, same with Fowler. I love Preston Smith but that number is way too high. Clowney at 15.5 works for me.

Someone I think we should kick the tires on is Derek Rivers. He's hardly played for NE, he had an ACL injury, but the guys testing numbers were great and he was super productive in college. Nothing more than a low day 3 pick, but if they're willing to just move him, I think we should be all over him as a breakout guy.

32 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

I like Spain as a value get at OG. Shaq Barrett near that price is a good get, same with Fowler. I love Preston Smith but that number is way too high. Clowney at 15.5 works for me.

There are a few OG options.  

Agree with Barrett, he will likely go for higher than that APY, will be important to figure what the market will be for him.  PM me (use the google docs) if you have specific thoughts on what the contract should look like.    Similar with Fowler. 

25 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

Someone I think we should kick the tires on is Derek Rivers. He's hardly played for NE, he had an ACL injury, but the guys testing numbers were great and he was super productive in college. Nothing more than a low day 3 pick, but if they're willing to just move him, I think we should be all over him as a breakout guy.

That is a good idea.  I can see if NE is interested in moving him.

6 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

I'd been a Doctson fan, but probably not what they're going to ask. Shaheen had five catches for 48 yards in 2018. I would maybe do a 7th. A 4th is just an insulting ask.

Shaheen was on IR for 1/2 the season.  

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

For each round of UFA contract bidding, each team has

3 UFA contract slots

1 Re-sign contract slot

1 "substitute" contract slot (this is a back up to 1 of the above offers, it needs to be designated to be the backup for a specific contract offer)

@Packerraymond

each team has the above options for each round of UFA contract bidding.

Teams select a player to offer a contract to, then construct a contract that consists of (Signing bonus, contract length and base salaries for each year of the contract).  The APY (average per year) must meet the players expected APY as a minimum to be a "valid" contract offer.  

Most upper tier or highly sought after players will go for well above their APY.  Some players can be had for at or slightly above their APY.  All depends on the player and how many teams are making offers for them.  

1 hour ago, squire12 said:
14 hours ago, squire12 said:

Adam Shaheen  CHI -- asking 4th round

Josh Doctson WAS -- nothing listed

@rcon14, @EirePacker

Any thoughts on either of these as trade options?  

You didn't ask me, but a hard no on Shaheen, and a likely no on Doctson. Don't really see how he helps us too much. I would rather draft one or sign a FA

8 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

You didn't ask me, but a hard no on Shaheen, and a likely no on Doctson. Don't really see how he helps us too much. I would rather draft one or sign a FA

@JBURGE  Sorry man, the @ function did not work past those 2.  Not sure what was going on, so I just decided to post and move on.  I know you will be checking in, so it was all good.  

I guess I am not seeing the reasoning on Shaheen.  I was pretty high on him during the draft prospect and still am.  

Archived