squire12

TCMD 2019 GB Packer WAR ROOM

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

@rcon14, @EirePacker

Any thoughts on either of these as trade options?  

Liked shaheen coming out but hasnt shown much since. Would probably offer a 6th if all other options fell through.

Doctson i think has around 1000 yards in 3 seasons so far. A change of scenery might do him the world of good but id rather roll with saint brown and mvs as our young guns and land more of a vet wr for 12

12 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@JBURGE  Sorry man, the @ function did not work past those 2.  Not sure what was going on, so I just decided to post and move on.  I know you will be checking in, so it was all good.  

I guess I am not seeing the reasoning on Shaheen.  I was pretty high on him during the draft prospect and still am.  

He played D2 football in college and nothing in his athletic profile really jumps out. He's decently fast, pretty big, but he hasn't done anything on an NFL field that should make anyone think he's anything more than a fringe TE2/3.

@rcon14, @EirePacker, @JBURGE (be happier now!!!!) and any others.

The APY is a starting point for theoretical player valuation.  It is really hard to find an agreed upon process that sets a proper value for the wide range of players in the UFA pool.  The APY will drop by 10% for all UFA after each round of the bidding process.  With no agents, the 32 teams as a collective effectively work to "set the market" for players through the bidding.  Some are high, some are low.  Those that are high will come down if no team makes an offer.  Those that are low will have suitors and their high contract offer will reflect that.  

Let me know if you have further questions.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

@rcon14, @EirePacker, @JBURGE (be happier now!!!!) and any others.

The APY is a starting point for theoretical player valuation.  It is really hard to find an agreed upon process that sets a proper value for the wide range of players in the UFA pool.  The APY will drop by 10% for all UFA after each round of the bidding process.  With no agents, the 32 teams as a collective effectively work to "set the market" for players through the bidding.  Some are high, some are low.  Those that are high will come down if no team makes an offer.  Those that are low will have suitors and their high contract offer will reflect that.  

Let me know if you have further questions.

I gotchya. Tyrell Williams number dang near made me fall out of my chair lol

We need to have the Anthony Barr discussion, but we should probably have it on the google doc.

1 hour ago, rcon14 said:

We need to have the Anthony Barr discussion, but we should probably have it on the google doc.

I guess I am not getting the fascination with Anthony Barr as a solution to the GB EDGE position.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

I guess I am not getting the fascination with Anthony Barr as a solution to the GB EDGE position.

He was a great EDGE prospect when he came out and has been miscast as an OBLB. You can probably get him at a slight discount because of the uncertainty involved, but his value is highest to a team willing to use him as an EDGE.

29 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

He was a great EDGE prospect when he came out and has been miscast as an OBLB. You can probably get him at a slight discount because of the uncertainty involved, but his value is highest to a team willing to use him as an EDGE.

I'm in this boat 100%, Barr has been utilized in a way that severely decreases his value compared to what I'd thought he'd be on Draft day.