Who will finish as career passing TDs leader?

x0x

Which Quarterback will finish with the most Career Passing TDs?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Brees or Brady?

• Thomas Edward Patrick Brady
    • Drew Christopher Brees

With Tom Brady at 517 and Drew Brees at 520 TD passes, it appears a certainty at least one man will pass Peyton's record of 539.

The question now is, who will be the #1?

After the 2013 season, Brees looked to pull a way from Brady, however recently, especially after the 2017 campaign and Brady maintaining his goal of playing to 45, the answer is very much up in the air.

Obviously the factors to consider are health, age and productivity. In the most recent season Brees threw 3 more TDs in 1 less game and is still over a year younger than Brady. Fittingly, both men have lead the league in TDs on 4 occasions.

So who you got?

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

I think this will be Brees last season,Tom will play two more. So I'm going with Tom.

Interesting. Obviously his contract is up after next season but I see him playing 2 more years. Winning a Super Bowl might get him to exit, but he could always try the Elway route. Ultimately I think he cares about the records and while the yards one seems like it could hold with 1 season to give he probably knows the TD mark will rely on him retiring same time as Brady.

Personally I think 2 more seasons isn't a stretch but certainly beyond that is anyone's guess. Though I personally think Brady plays 3 more years and Brees 2.

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

I think Brady will play longer than Brees.  Long enough maybe to even get the yardage record also.

i’ve said it in many threads but i really don’t want to see this

brees just, i just, he deserves the yardage record, so fitting for him and his career

9 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

brees just, i just, he deserves the yardage record, so fitting for him and his career

I'd like to see him keep it a while, but I don't even think he wants to play as long as Brady.  Brady seems dead set on playing until he zombifies.

27 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

I agree. I am surprised Brady has been more prolific in passing as of late. Don't know if Brees has many big yard seasons left while Brady seems ok going 4,200+ which doesn't bode well for that record. It would be interesting if Brady began resting more maybe. Obviously not if BYEs are up for grabs late in the year but maybe to start the season, I mean he'll be age 43, 44, 45 and doesn't get extra rest?

It's going to come down to who plays longer.

So it's going to be Brady.

I wouldn't count on the yardage record holding either.  They're not even 4000 yards apart, and New Orleans recent dependence on the run game has meant that Brees yardage totals have drifted off the last two years.  I think Brady closes that gap a little more next year.

Archived