TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

OK, wayyy too dark.  It wasn't just my old eyes, either.
I couldn't tell who was killing who or which dragon was which.

Also, why didn't anyone important die except for a couple of Mormonts.
I mean, Samwell Tarley was dead to rights about 15 times.
He reminds me of Johnny L********, a friend (actually associate) of mine, who owed money to the mob.
You couldn't stand next to him for fear of catching a bullet.

How did Arya get to the tree undetected?
It would have made sense if she had attacked wearing a face of the dead and then stripped it off.
They missed an opportunity.

So, what did the Night King want with Bran anyway?
That wasn't really explained.

And why don't Night Kings burn?
All of the other dead did.

Why did all of the military geniuses send in the cavalry first without ariel cover other than trebuchets?
They had bloody dragons.

Similarly to an earlier point, where did everyone else come from?
The moment someone was trapped, another appeared to save them from nowhere.
Classic deus ex machina.

Why did they need the sorceress to light the trenches?
It took ten minutes.
Given the protection, I could have done it with a Zippo ..... or 20 torches.
Hell, Omar from "The Wire" could have done it with his d***.

And if Tyrion was so smart, how did he not see the dead rising from the crypt in advance.
He came up short on that one.

Finally, this Saturday there's a special "This Old House," Winterfell.
WTF?

10 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

OK, wayyy too dark.  It wasn't just my old eyes, either.
I couldn't tell who was killing who or which dragon was which.

Sorta agree on this. It was confusing at some points. Though noir is a definite way to shoot scenes. And in this case, the dark was a serious problem for them and could be conceived as a real way to convey their strife. It was unnerving when you got small glimpses of the dead piled up over each other as they charged. Certainly on purpose but yea, too much dark. 

Also, why didn't anyone important die except for a couple of Mormonts.
I mean, Samwell Tarley was dead to rights about 15 times.
He reminds me of Johnny L********, a friend (actually associate) of mine, who owed money to the mob.
You couldn't stand next to him for fear of catching a bullet.

Thought there would be way more deaths as well. But they do have the whole throne battle left. There will be blood. 

How did Arya get to the tree undetected?
It would have made sense if she had attacked wearing a face of the dead and then stripped it off.
They missed an opportunity.

That would have been a nice twist. It does promote Arya’s badassedness, which she is. I thought it was pretty cool she ninja’d in undetected for the most part. 

It was explained the episode previous a bit. The Night King wants an endless night. And Bran, representing man and their memories, must be erased for that to happen. 

And why don't Night Kings burn?
All of the other dead did.

Like a CEO parking spot I guess. Wasn’t explained. Bran just said, it was never attempted before. 

Why did all of the military geniuses send in the cavalry first without ariel cover other than trebuchets?
They had bloody dragons.

Wasnt the greatest strategy. I imagine they underestimated the pure numbers. But was a good scene to show how massive the dead army had become. 

Similarly to an earlier point, where did everyone else come from?
The moment someone was trapped, another appeared to save them from nowhere.
Classic deus ex machina.

Yea, happens in every battle scene. The “no, no, no....YESSS! effect” 

Why did they need the sorceress to light the trenches?
It took ten minutes.
Given the protection, I could have done it with a Zippo ..... or 20 torches.
Hell, Omar from "The Wire" could have done it with his d***.

Davos was signaling Dany to light the trenches with the dragon but it was too stormy to see. I guess with the sudden snow storm they needed a much more substantial way to light it than just a few torches.  

And if Tyrion was so smart, how did he not see the dead rising from the crypt in advance.
He came up short on that one.

In his defense, no one knows much about the Night King and his dealings. Could he raise the ancient departed or just the recent? How long is his range? How strong are skeletons anyway? Enough to break through a tomb from the inside?! Can’t blame the little man on that. 

Finally, this Saturday there's a special "This Old House," Winterfell.
WTF?

That jokes only going to land on about 20% of us, there Vila. 

Edited by Jroc04

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 12:27 AM, babyatemydingo said:

@babyatemydingo It was explained in an earlier episode, he wanted to get rid of all memories. Bran at this point (and for lack of a better term) is the living repository for everything that has happened in the past.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Huh? Like 6 prominent characters (likely) died last episode and I’m sure more are coming. 

Yea...I'm not sure why I said or not. I guess I was expecting more of a battle rather than a torching.

My prediction for the ending:

Jon or Arya kill Dany (also the North Army defeats what's left of the Unsullied) with Dany's last "move" with the dragon being blocked by Jon's ability to also control/command them. Jon doesn't want the throne and with Dany dead the remaining rightful heir is now Gendry so he gives it to him. Gendry in turn makes Sansa the Warden of the North. Jon gets some "honorable person" title and "retires" from fighting. Arya becomes the new "faceless man" of Bravos. Bran remains the Three eyed raven. Tyrion becomes the hand of the king and heir to Casterly Rock.

End Series.

Edited by Hockey5djh

12 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Yea...I'm not sure why I said or not. I guess I was expecting more of a battle rather than a torching.

My prediction for the ending:

Jon or Arya kill Dany (also the North Army defeats what's left of the Unsullied) with Dany's last "move" with the dragon being blocked by Jon's ability to also control/command them. Jon doesn't want the throne and with Dany dead the remaining rightful heir is now Gendry so he gives it to him. Gendry in turn makes Sansa the Warden of the North. Jon gets some "honorable person" title and "retires" from fighting. Arya becomes the new "faceless man" of Bravos. Bran remains the Three eyed raven. Tyrion becomes the hand of the king and heir to Casterly Rock.

End Series.

Well, the golden company was a complete dud. So, I got you there. I was watching it and seeing Dany fly over the city and I had a moment where I said to myself, “this would be a holy ish, wtf spin if she just destroyed the city anyway” and boom she went HAM. 

I had another revelation that Bran will sit on the throne at the end. And all of these moves have been motivated by Bran to get everyone to kill each other so he can sit the unquestioned king. Thought it was far fetched but believable possibly. 

5 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I had another revelation that Bran will sit on the throne at the end. And all of these moves have been motivated by Bran to get everyone to kill each other so he can sit the unquestioned king. Thought it was far fetched but believable possibly. 

He has no claim though? He's behind Jon, Dany, and Gendry (in that order) and even after that it would probably be a battle between the remaining lords over who it should be.

I have so many disappointments with this season its easier not to list them all. That said why even bring in the Golden Company and make a big deal about the Iron Bank if you essentially poop all over that story line in 5 minutes. I know its generally tough to kill story lines at the end of a series but damn these guys have butchered it.