TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Nah, feels hella awkward to dress up as some character. The only one I'd enjoy is dressing up as deadpool because that guy's supposed to be weird af and people are less likely to critique your outfit as stringently if you wear a mask covering your face.

I don't want to dress up.. maybe just sport a Guardians of the Galaxy shirt lol. 

But i would like to see all the crazy costumes and silliness. Have you ever instagram #cosplay or #comiccon?  The quality of babe that goes to those things is so under the radar. But i bet there just a ton of fun things to do at those events, a lot of gamer nerd stuff to check out, old school comic book stuff, chance to meet Loui  "The Hulk" Ferrignou and Cassandra  "Elvira" Peterson(who is still a babe today and i feel like if she met me, she would think im pretty cool). 

There are certainly some interesting folks there, but then you also have the awkward and socially inept types that just sorta act as a turnoff to the whole thing.

@Bednarik60 you tellin me you wouldn't dress up as Macho Man Randy Savage and act like him at one of these things? I would probably. Dude's my hero.

Edited by Danger

9 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

I don't want to dress up.. maybe just sport a Guardians of the Galaxy shirt lol. 

But i would like to see all the crazy costumes and silliness. Have you ever instagram #cosplay or #comiccon?  The quality of babe that goes to those things is so under the radar. But i bet there just a ton of fun things to do at those events, a lot of gamer nerd stuff to check out, old school comic book stuff, chance to meet Loui  "The Hulk" Ferrignou and Cassandra  "Elvira" Peterson(who is still a babe today and i feel like if she met me, she would think im pretty cool). 

Yea I'd probably just rock a shirt...

I have always thought of dressing as Vader. I have the build to do it and a guy I know through my dad is part of The 501st Legion, who go to events and specifically Children's Hospitals so it wouldn't be hard.

You can get lost in the well of CosplayBabes

10 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yea I'd probably just rock a shirt...

I have always thought of dressing as Vader. I have the build to do it and a guy I know through my dad is part of The 501st Legion, who go to events and specifically Children's Hospitals so it wouldn't be hard.

You can get lost in the well of CosplayBabes

That would be cool as hell. That is really nice of that guy. People that volunteer at Children Hospitals need medals. 

Dude the cosplay babes , hate to be so shallow, but its so worth going just got that, i have heard the Portland ComiCon is basically a big lingerie show lol. I bet if you actually wear a costume and are a sport about it and all and enjoy your self, you would be guaranteed to go home with a Sailor Moon or a Emma Frost bruh. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Been a long, long time since I stopped by in here. Am I still welcome?

Course friend. I always have a soft spot for the Jags since we played our Super Bowl appearance in Jacksonville. Also you're pretty cool I guess.

37 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

Dude the cosplay babes , hate to be so shallow, but its so worth going just got that, i have heard the Portland ComiCon is basically a big lingerie show lol. I bet if you actually wear a costume and are a sport about it and all and enjoy your self, you would be guaranteed to go home with a Sailor Moon or a Emma Frost bruh. 

Key is get in a competition...a lot of the top tier is too busy on the floor...get some backstage time with them 

hearing some of those people talk, it seems like a fairly nice group...the nerdier you are the more you'll get out of it

4 hours ago, Danger said:

I still want to change the name of this thread from time to time, sort of to hold up our own tradition. How about each month we give it a new Title along with "TAET"

Definitely something we can consider.

4 hours ago, Bednarik60 said:

I want to go to one of those Comic Con events. Looks fun. Have any of you guys ever gone to anything like that?

I went to Super Con in Miami. I was in town and pretty much stumbled on it. I didn't dress up or anything but tons of people obviously did. It was like a gigantic flea market for superheroes and other pop culture stuff. The one I went to had much more than just "comics" stuff it was like all the popular movies ever. Had some actors/actresses signing autographs and such. It got boring pretty quick though but I can understand the allure. Some people were really into it.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

@iPwn do you still you Stylish for Chrome?

I haven't in a few years. But it may be something I do again now that the forum is new. Will have to see how I can set things up.

Surprised anyone even remembers that.