TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Where are you staying?

I can't remember exactly where but I am pretty close to the Linc, like 3 miles away? I can check out my reservations later and get you an exact spot.

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

This great local irish place called McDonald's 

Never heard of it before sounds exotic!

4 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I can't remember exactly where but I am pretty close to the Linc, like 3 miles away? I can check out my reservations later and get you an exact spot.

Never heard of it before sounds exotic!

Yea man, if you want me to maximize you're adventure I have to know details. How long are you here? What's the most important thing to you? Are you willing to uber or subway around? Is this a drinking outing? An eating outing? Northern liberties is different than south philly. Center city is different than anything sorts related. Do you need touristy ish? Budget friendly? What kinda spirits are you into? I don't like to disappoint. But I need details if you want a crafted affair.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea man, if you want me to maximize you're adventure I have to know details. How long are you here? What's the most important thing to you? Are you willing to uber or subway around? Is this a drinking outing? An eating outing? Northern liberties is different than south philly. Center city is different than anything sorts related. Do you need touristy ish? Budget friendly? What kinda spirits are you into? I don't like to disappoint. But I need details if you want a crafted affair.  

For sure I appreciate the expert knowledge. 

I am staying basically right by the Linc. At the Marriot on Intrepid Ave.

Only there for three days/2 nights. Most of the fun stuff will be done on Wednesday/Thursday.  Definitely wanna try some Philly Cheesestakes out for lunch at some point. Also would love to hear about any must have Burgers/Bar food in the area. Most importantly, what I should be doing for pre game stuff on Thursday? Is Tailgating the place to be for drinking on Thursday? Or should I be hitting up some bars?

Any details on when I should get to the Linc before the game would be appreciated as well. I will be using Uber the whole trip.

Not too worried about budget, and not too interested in Tourist stuff. Just kinda want to experience the city and get the pre game experience for the game on Thursday. As long as I can get a good cheesestake and party hard with some fellow Eagles fans before the game I will be a happy man.

15 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

For sure I appreciate the expert knowledge. 

I am staying basically right by the Linc. At the Marriot on Intrepid Ave.

Only there for three days/2 nights. Most of the fun stuff will be done on Wednesday/Thursday.  Definitely wanna try some Philly Cheesestakes out for lunch at some point. Also would love to hear about any must have Burgers/Bar food in the area. Most importantly, what I should be doing for pre game stuff on Thursday? Is Tailgating the place to be for drinking on Thursday? Or should I be hitting up some bars?

Any details on when I should get to the Linc before the game would be appreciated as well. I will be using Uber the whole trip.

Not too worried about budget, and not too interested in Tourist stuff. Just kinda want to experience the city and get the pre game experience for the game on Thursday. As long as I can get a good cheesestake and party hard with some fellow Eagles fans before the game I will be a happy man.

Good news is, you're right by the stadium. Bad news is, there's nothing to do there. It's like south south Philly and south Philly is probably the least fun philly. But it's def up and coming in some spots and you can find some winners off Passyunk Ave. I love Los Cabolittos off Passyunk, good food and great margaritas if that's your thing. Bars are hit and miss around there though. You may have to uber a bit further away to find better places. 

I would steer your towards Jim's Steaks in south Philly, easily googleable, for cheesesteaks. Just remember to know how to order. (type of cheese, fried onions or no) (ex.  Whiz, wit) (which means cheese whiz, with fried onions) I don't like cheese whiz but whatever. But if you're looking for the touristy effect then it's Pat's or Geno's and that's pretty close to you but not walking by any means. They are decent but they've  built their name on drunk food rather than a legit steak. Go to Jim's if you have time. Go to Lorenzo's for a pizza slice as big as your torso and just as good, whatever that means. I love that pizza, as generic as it is. Nothing beats it on a drinking night.  It's on south street. The most walkable street in Philly. You can make your way to south street and just walk up and down, sampling food and bars and you'll have a good time. Philly is mostly broken down into neighborhoods. I.E. center city, old city, northern liberties, etc. It really depends on what you're exactly looking for on a particular evening. Steak houses, gastro-pubs, whiskey bars, speak-easys, live music, etc. I'm sure google or yelp can help you narrow down. Im a fan of Stephen Star restaurants. Always quality food and drink. 

It sounds like you'd like to experience the game how locals do. Which is great and the way to go but if you don't know anyone setting up shop in one of the parking lots then it'll be tough to do. You can walk all around and take it in but you won't be able to enjoy it as you would if you were able to partake and contribute to the tailgate party. So maybe look into one of those Philly tailgate party websites. Green Legion is always doing something. They sell tickets for tailgate parties and that would be a cool experience for vistiors. But get close to the stadium obviously. Don't go to a random bar. You want to be down in the atmosphere. You'll have tickets I imagine so get there a few hours before game time as long as you can pace yourself and take it all in. It's honestly the best fan experience I know of. It's just massive amounts of die-hard fans partying and drinking for hours. Most of these guys set up at 6 in the morning. If the parking lot isn't your thing then do Xfinity Live for a bit. Fan interactions and games.  It's expensive but there's a bunch of quality bars in there and pre game shows where you may catch some former players. It's across the street from the Linc. Go to PBR if you're going there without your girl. Just chicks walking around in chaps and bikini bottoms. A sight to see. 

Other than that I prefer center city and northern liberties for fun. But like I said, it's up to you and how you're feeling. But gametime, you'll want to be down where all your brothers and sisters are. If you narrow yourself down to an area, I can suggest some specific places but it'll depend on your preferences and interests obviously. 

20 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Good news is, you're right by the stadium. Bad news is, there's nothing to do there. It's like south south Philly and south Philly is probably the least fun philly. But it's def up and coming in some spots and you can find some winners off Passyunk Ave. I love Los Cabolittos off Passyunk, good food and great margaritas if that's your thing. Bars are hit and miss around there though. You may have to uber a bit further away to find better places. 

I would steer your towards Jim's Steaks in south Philly, easily googleable, for cheesesteaks. Just remember to know how to order. (type of cheese, fried onions or no) (ex.  Whiz, wit) (which means cheese whiz, with fried onions) I don't like cheese whiz but whatever. But if you're looking for the touristy effect then it's Pat's or Geno's and that's pretty close to you but not walking by any means. They are decent but they've  built their name on drunk food rather than a legit steak. Go to Jim's if you have time. Go to Lorenzo's for a pizza slice as big as your torso and just as good, whatever that means. I love that pizza, as generic as it is. Nothing beats it on a drinking night.  It's on south street. The most walkable street in Philly. You can make your way to south street and just walk up and down, sampling food and bars and you'll have a good time. Philly is mostly broken down into neighborhoods. I.E. center city, old city, northern liberties, etc. It really depends on what you're exactly looking for on a particular evening. Steak houses, gastro-pubs, whiskey bars, speak-easys, live music, etc. I'm sure google or yelp can help you narrow down. Im a fan of Stephen Star restaurants. Always quality food and drink. 

It sounds like you'd like to experience the game how locals do. Which is great and the way to go but if you don't know anyone setting up shop in one of the parking lots then it'll be tough to do. You can walk all around and take it in but you won't be able to enjoy it as you would if you were able to partake and contribute to the tailgate party. So maybe look into one of those Philly tailgate party websites. Green Legion is always doing something. They sell tickets for tailgate parties and that would be a cool experience for vistiors. But get close to the stadium obviously. Don't go to a random bar. You want to be down in the atmosphere. You'll have tickets I imagine so get there a few hours before game time as long as you can pace yourself and take it all in. It's honestly the best fan experience I know of. It's just massive amounts of die-hard fans partying and drinking for hours. Most of these guys set up at 6 in the morning. If the parking lot isn't your thing then do Xfinity Live for a bit. Fan interactions and games.  It's expensive but there's a bunch of quality bars in there and pre game shows where you may catch some former players. It's across the street from the Linc. Go to PBR if you're going there without your girl. Just chicks walking around in chaps and bikini bottoms. A sight to see. 

Other than that I prefer center city and northern liberties for fun. But like I said, it's up to you and how you're feeling. But gametime, you'll want to be down where all your brothers and sisters are. If you narrow yourself down to an area, I can suggest some specific places but it'll depend on your preferences and interests obviously. 

Awesome info. I unfortunately doubt I will have a ton of time to explore the city a ton, but I will get as much as I can in on Wednesday. I might try to get down to center city for Wednesday night based on the info you have given me. Probably do some relatively light drinking and get a bite to eat. Any solid places for dinner you can recommend around there? Budget doesn't matter too much, don't want to completely break the bank if possible. Maybe like a decent steak house or an Italian place? 

Thursday I will be hanging around the stadium for sure. Will probably just try out Jim's or the pizza place you mentioned for lunch before I start drinking. I might look into the tailgate stuff around there depending on how it looks like. I have some experience with tailgate parties like that in LA and AZ and while I am sure Philly does it the best they can be hit or miss. The Xfinity Live stuff sounds pretty dope, will almost certainly be checking that out early on and maybe moving to the parking lots a bit closer to game time.

Really appreciate the info man, can't wait to experience what its like to party with the best fanbase in the NFL.

21 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Awesome info. I unfortunately doubt I will have a ton of time to explore the city a ton, but I will get as much as I can in on Wednesday. I might try to get down to center city for Wednesday night based on the info you have given me. Probably do some relatively light drinking and get a bite to eat. Any solid places for dinner you can recommend around there? Budget doesn't matter too much, don't want to completely break the bank if possible. Maybe like a decent steak house or an Italian place? 

Thursday I will be hanging around the stadium for sure. Will probably just try out Jim's or the pizza place you mentioned for lunch before I start drinking. I might look into the tailgate stuff around there depending on how it looks like. I have some experience with tailgate parties like that in LA and AZ and while I am sure Philly does it the best they can be hit or miss. The Xfinity Live stuff sounds pretty dope, will almost certainly be checking that out early on and maybe moving to the parking lots a bit closer to game time.

Really appreciate the info man, can't wait to experience what its like to party with the best fanbase in the NFL.

Go to Reading Terminal Market during the day and bring an appetite. It's casual but the food is bomb. You could go to DiNic's for a roast pork. Amazing. At night I'm going to point you to restaurants owned by Stephen Starr restaurants mostly. He's a restauranteur who puts out great food at an eclectic mix of places throughout the city. Can't really go wrong. Butcher and Singer is your steak place. But if you want some recos then Parc, the Dandelion, El Vez are all real good. Barbuzzo is one of my favorites in center city and there's a decent bar called Time that's enjoyable if you're a whiskey guy. Davio's is an Italian steak house if that's what you're looking for. But all that is really good stuff, you can't go wrong. But do some googling on those and check the prices and menus and see if it fits your style and budget. Look into the subway, specifically the broad st line. There's a stop right at the stadiums that you could hop on and take to center city, walnut-locust stop and you'll be right in the middle of those places I recommended  

Yea, you'll have to uber to Jim's or Lorenzo's if you're going there for lunch. They are right next to each other on south street. But later def check out Xfinity Live. At least for a little bit. It should be humming all day. I guess you could take a walk and take in the tailgates, which is cool but it's not like you can buy beer or anything. So, not sure what you'd do there without someone you specifically knew you could hang and party with. 

Yea man, theres nothing like doing an Eagle's game right. A day full of food, drinks, camaraderie and the birds is an unforgettable experience. Just as long as they win, haha. Let me know if you need any more advice or whatever.