TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

7 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

that's a fair assessment 

There was a decent amount of 18-30 year old women walking around in fishnets and thongs that liked to give back rubs and light-shows. DJ Tiesto crowds in particular were full of smoke show college chicks, wearing mirrored aviator shades to cover up their dilated pupils. Straight girls kissing other hot straight girls was also a thing at the time. There was certainly a lot of bad going on at massives/raves, but there was also some good. I can't speak for that particular scene today though. This is all 10+ years ago, when you had no idea what was in your pill, but hoped that Mercedes Benz logo meant it was high quality and that the Asian kid you got it from was a man of his word.

Edited by Jeezla

On 6/6/2019 at 12:33 PM, Jeezla said:

There was a decent amount of 18-30 year old women walking around in fishnets and thongs that liked to give back rubs and light-shows. DJ Tiesto crowds in particular were full of smoke show college chicks, wearing mirrored aviator shades to cover up their dilated pupils. Straight girls kissing other hot straight girls was also a thing at the time. There was certainly a lot of bad going on at massives/raves, but there was also some good. I can't speak for that particular scene today though. This is all 10+ years ago, when you had no idea what was in your pill, but hoped that Mercedes Benz logo meant it was high quality and that the Asian kid you got it from was a man of his word.

On point.

I went to raves in the late 80's.
We called them "boondockers."
The party would be out in the desert.
X was new-ish even though it had been invented long ago.

Skinny Puppy, Lords of Acid (I Sit on Acid) and weird stuff like Laibach were there.
I was barely of age.
I don't know if I am fishing memories out of the garbage, polishing them with spit and presenting the good part, but I remember them fondly.

I can't imagine that the experience has deteriorated over the years, but I've seen what happened from Woodstock to Woodstock.
Maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by babyatemydingo
better

2 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

On point.

I went to raves in the late 80's.
We called them "boondockers."
The party would be out in the desert.
X was new-ish even though it had been invented long ago.

Skinny Puppy, Lords of Acid (I Sit on Acid) and weird stuff like Laibach were there.
I was barely of age.I don't know if I am fishing memories out of the garbage, polishing them with spit and presenting the good part, but I remember them fondly.

I mostly remember hating the next day, and having a sore jaw from chewing bubble gum like a mad man. Tiesto and Benny Benassi were the only DJ's I could tolerate for the most part, and even then I was mostly there to people watch (aka creepily check out females from behind my own pair of mirrored shades). I also remember getting freaked out by everyone who wasn't wearing sunglasses, because their eyes were so dilated. 

14 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I mostly remember hating the next day, and having a sore jaw from chewing bubble gum like a mad man. Tiesto and Benny Benassi were the only DJ's I could tolerate for the most part, and even then I was mostly there to people watch (aka creepily check out females from behind my own pair of mirrored shades). I also remember getting freaked out by everyone who wasn't wearing sunglasses, because their eyes were so dilated. 

I would chew the back of my lower lip.
It was a nervous tic and it was so gross.
Nonetheless, I loved it and it led to awesome things.