Jump to content
Phire

TAET: ?? This Ain't Eagles Talk | Kittens & Underdogs™️

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I remember this band. 

I am a bit embarrassed that I know who this band is. 

Feels like me, and System of a Down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Used to be a big metal head, SoaD is solid 

I can see why people hate them though they’re bizarre lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RBreezy said:

Used to be a big metal head, SoaD is solid 

I can see why people hate them though they’re bizarre lol

They're not bad, it's just that the wreak of "I'm socially awkward". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danger said:

They're not bad, it's just that the wreak of "I'm socially awkward". 

The actual band?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of no where it clicked why I know Lords of Acid. I couldnt figure out how I knew them yesterday, but it just hit me.

They had a song about ..... um  "cats" .... yeah we will use that word. 

Somebody showed me that song when I was an impressionable young lad. And somehow I stored that in my memory for the last 20 years. Wow. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took the night in to watch the Phillies. Anyone else watch that slow motion car crash? What an absolute kick to the family jewels 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 11:15 AM, Matts4313 said:

Out of no where it clicked why I know Lords of Acid. I couldnt figure out how I knew them yesterday, but it just hit me.

They had a song about ..... um  "cats" .... yeah we will use that word. 

Somebody showed me that song when I was an impressionable young lad. And somehow I stored that in my memory for the last 20 years. Wow. 

 

The best LoA song was probably "Out Comes the Evil."
It was a remake of "Pop Goes the Weasel."

LESSON

Pop Goes the Weasel is an old Cockney song.
Most of the world has the lyrics wrong.
There is no monkey, no weasel, no mulberry bush.
They lied to you.

"Half a pound of tuppeny rice
Half a pound of treacle
That's the way the money goes
Pop goes the weasel"

Tuppeny rice is two-penny rice, or one penny's worth.
Treacle is molasses.
That's how you spent your money if you were poor.
But it didn't feed the family for the week.
So, you had to find other means to make ends meet.

Cockney slang was a lot like hip-hop slang, words meant other things.
But, there was a formula to it.

You would take a word like "stairs" and find a rhyming word like "pears."
However, you would couple it with a related word like "apples."
So, "stairs" would become "apples and pears."
Eventually, the rhyming word would fall off, and stairs would be known simply as "apples."

Where's Mary?
She's up the apples!  (upstairs)

In Cockney slang "coat" was "weasel and stote" (stote = another animal much like a weasel that rhymed with coat).
In time coat became just "weasel."

To "pop" something was to hock it.
"Pop goes the weasel" meant to sell or hock your coat.

Everyone had a good Sunday coat to wear to church.
It was mandatory.

To make ends meet, people would take the Sunday coat to the pawn shop and sell it for food money.
When they got paid on Saturday, they would buy it back at a loss.
That is part of why they were always poor.

So....
"Half a pound of tuppeny rice ... (one pound of rice)
Half a pound of treacle (molasses for some damn reason)
That's the way the money goes
Pop goes the weasel (I'll have to sell my good coat to make ends meet just to feed the family, thereby perpetuating the cycle)"

It is not about a weasel.
It is about being perpetually poor.
Keep this in mind when you listen to LoA.  :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5e4aY-_72g

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Da hell is going on at Dingos house at 4 AM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2019 at 4:42 AM, Jroc04 said:

Da hell is going on at Dingos house at 4 AM?

tenor.gif?itemid=5028225

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that Father’s Day is on a Sunday with no football is honestly a crime against nature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shout out to all the fathers in here. We all have the utmost faith in you that you’ll raise your kids to be beer-tossing, poop-eating, snowball-throwing Philly Eagle fanatics 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2019 at 4:31 AM, babyatemydingo said:

 

It is not about a weasel.
It is about being perpetually poor.
Keep this in mind when you listen to LoA.  :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5e4aY-_72g

 

 

And In n Out the eagle means???

Wait a minute..... 

giphy-1-7FdDq7.gif

I guess that is where all the money goes...

Go Birds

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2019 at 3:10 PM, Mastercheddaar said:

And In n Out the eagle means???

Wait a minute..... 

giphy-1-7FdDq7.gif

I guess that is where all the money goes...

Go Birds

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

The Eagle was a famous bar on the Cockney side of town.
"In and out the Eagle" meant you spent your money there as opposed to on rice or molasses for your family.
A bachelor's choice.
It's all good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×