TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

57 minutes ago, Danger said:

Never really cared to just hook up myself. Is something wrong with me?

i couldn't hack it in that scene either

Found relationships were the way to go for me personally 

All of those apps tinder, bumble, etc I fund was like 35% looking for long term relationship, 30% bots, 20% people just browsing cause they were bored and need validation that they could totally get someone if they wanted, and 15% pure hookups.

But they are a good way to meet people, you just gotta cut if off and say lets meet or move on.
Like if you dont mind widening your search area you can find people you wouldve never met a short drive away
At some point the local pool dries up

34 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

i couldn't hack it in that scene either

Found relationships were the way to go for me personally 

All of those apps tinder, bumble, etc I fund was like 35% looking for long term relationship, 30% bots, 20% people just browsing cause they were bored and need validation that they could totally get someone if they wanted, and 15% pure hookups.

But they are a good way to meet people, you just gotta cut if off and say lets meet or move on.
Like if you dont mind widening your search area you can find people you wouldve never met a short drive away
At some point the local pool dries up

That's a 50% chance of being able to smash, just saying. 

For those of you that asked about the Movie Pass a while back - I got mine a few days ago (they’re ere on really bad back order). Super easy to use. You just go to the theater, pick the movie and showing you want on your phone and it loads funds onto the card to cover the movie. Then you go to the kiosk or the teller and order the movie. Whole process takes maybe 20 seconds longer than if you were to just buy it normally. And you can use your theater rewards cards with it too.

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

For those of you that asked about the Movie Pass a while back - I got mine a few days ago (they’re ere on really bad back order). Super easy to use. You just go to the theater, pick the movie and showing you want on your phone and it loads funds onto the card to cover the movie. Then you go to the kiosk or the teller and order the movie. Whole process takes maybe 20 seconds longer than if you were to just buy it normally. And you can use your theater rewards cards with it too.

You mean movie tickets?  You can just pre-purchase via an app and reserve seats.  Don't need paper tickets, either.  Just scan your digital ticket at the door.  What is the benefit of this pass?

1 minute ago, jonu62882 said:

You mean movie tickets?  You can just pre-purchase via an app and reserve seats.  Don't need paper tickets, either.  Just scan your digital ticket at the door.  What is the benefit of this pass?

Movie Pass is $10/month and you can see unlimited movies with it (1/day).

3 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Movie Pass is $10/month and you can see unlimited movies with it (1/day).

That sounds too good to be true.  But, are there limitations like not including primetime showings, opening weekend, special IMAX 3D versions, not having reserved seating available?

12 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

That sounds too good to be true.  But, are there limitations like not including primetime showings, opening weekend, special IMAX 3D versions, not having reserved seating available?

Standard 2D showings only. Primetime showings and opening weekends are fine, as are reserved seating. Only limitation is that 3D and IMAX movies aren’t covered, but most movies aren’t worth seeing in those formats anyway imo. For the handful that are, I’m fine splurging on the extra price. But I also have no reason to see IT or Mother or The Hitman’s Bodyguard in those formats, so I can see them all for the subscription fee.

Only problem is unless your theater supports their online ticketing (AMC and Regal don’t), you have to be near the theater to purchase the ticket in person. So opening weekend for Star Wars would be basically impossible in all but the smallest towns that may have not sold out pre-orders.

The “catch” is that they will be selling the data collected to movie companies in order to tell what kinds of movies people see. Rather than seeing just 1,000,000 people saw a movie, they can see that 20% of the people who saw one movie also went to see this other movie, or that clusters of types of movies differ by area, or whatever. It’s the same kind of tracking that your Walgreens rewards card or Regal Crown rewards card are tracking anyway. You can’t opt out of this tracking, so I’d suggest using privacy.com to create a burner card to pay for it if the idea of tracking bothers you. At the very least, while they’ll still collect your data, they can’t attach it to you directly if you use that as your only connection to them.

• Like 1