TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

5 hours ago, Phire said:

It could be a standalone if you do some gymnastics, but we all know there's going to be a sequel that gives the actual ending. What do you consider the climax of the film? To me, it was when he snapped his fingers. Then the movie ends shortly thereafter. There really wasn't a conclusion to this movie. The most interesting/significant thing in the story arc happened right before the credits rolled. Again, it could be a standalone where the bad guy won. But it's just so obvious that this story doesn't end here.

It's convenient to say the story doesn't end there because we know it doesn't. If Thor comes back after going through all that to get the weapon and Thanos goes through all that to acquire the stones after he kills most of Thors' people and his brother, then Thor saves the day by returning to battle in heroic fashion, saving the heroes and burying his ax in Thanos' chest, rendering the good guys victors, would you be questioning the ending? It's simple protagonist-antagonist but the antagonist won. Antagonist devastates the protagonist on his way to completing his evil mission. Protagonist completes his mini quest to become stronger and bests antagonist before said mission is done. Like Batman and Bane. 

The climax of the movie is the snapping of the fingers, it was a big event in the comics as well, but wouldn't it have been just as good a climax if Thor kills Thanos? It's just a different end. The bad guy just won. What questions do you have? The plot was explained and Thanos carried it out. He just wasn't thwarted by the good guys this time. It easily could have ended just that way for the whole Marvel universe. It's just not a feel good ending. 

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

It's convenient to say the story doesn't end there because we know it doesn't. If Thor comes back after going through all that to get the weapon and Thanos goes through all that to acquire the stones after he kills most of Thors' people and his brother, then Thor saves the day by returning to battle in heroic fashion, saving the heroes and burying his ax in Thanos' chest, rendering the good guys victors, would you be questioning the ending? It's simple protagonist-antagonist but the antagonist won. Antagonist devastates the protagonist on his way to completing his evil mission. Protagonist completes his mini quest to become stronger and bests antagonist before said mission is done. Like Batman and Bane. 

The climax of the movie is the snapping of the fingers, it was a big event in the comics as well, but wouldn't it have been just as good a climax if Thor kills Thanos? It's just a different end. The bad guy just won. What questions do you have? The plot was explained and Thanos carried it out. He just wasn't thwarted by the good guys this time. It easily could have ended just that way for the whole Marvel universe. It's just not a feel good ending. 

You and I both know there's going to be a sequel with a feel good ending. That's why it was unsatisfactory to a degree (I'm not saying the movie was bad). But it left me with wanting more. And I think Marvel specifically designed the movie to be that way. It left on a cliffhanger, and it felt like it. 

20 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Plants/trees are sick and tired of our ish, that's clear. I feel sick 4 months a year constantly because of this horse manure. 

I feel you. I try my best to live like a hermit during spring.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Phire said:

You and I both know there's going to be a sequel with a feel good ending. That's why it was unsatisfactory to a degree (I'm not saying the movie was bad). But it left me with wanting more. And I think Marvel specifically designed the movie to be that way. It left on a cliffhanger, and it felt like it. 

Of course. But my point is that if you just take the movie on its face and take away the Marvel brand and all it's encompasses and it's just a one off movie, the ending is still sufficient. It's just unexpected. If the hero goes through all the trial and tribulations of a classic movie plot and he ends up losing, it'll leave you feeling unsatisfied but it shouldn't give you the feeling of an unfinished movie. It's not your ending but it's an ending. 

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Of course. But my point is that if you just take the movie on its face and take away the Marvel brand and all it's encompasses and it's just a one off movie, the ending is still sufficient. It's just unexpected. If the hero goes through all the trial and tribulations of a classic movie plot and he ends up losing, it'll leave you feeling unsatisfied but it shouldn't give you the feeling of an unfinished movie. It's not your ending but it's an ending. 

Well that's why I brought up Logan. It's the same thing except, as far as we know, there's finality to Wolverine's death. There isn't a Logan 2 teased post credits. That had a satisfying ending.

1 hour ago, Phire said:

Well that's why I brought up Logan. It's the same thing except, as far as we know, there's finality to Wolverine's death. There isn't a Logan 2 teased post credits. That had a satisfying ending.

Haha, well right. But then you're still letting outside circumstances effect this particular movie still. If you just take it as a one off it still hits the mark. 

Like the LotR trilogy, the first one couldn't stand on its own. Having them paddle away in a canoe was so anti climactic. Infinity war was a good movie even if there was nothing before or after it. 

I love the spring. Everything is alive and colorful, nature just feels 'happy?' and it's finally warm but not too hot. It's awesome. I pity you guys who have to deal with allergies this time of year which I find to be literally the best part of the year.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

I love the spring. Everything is alive and colorful, nature just feels 'happy?' and it's finally warm but not too hot. It's awesome. I pity you guys who have to deal with allergies this time of year which I find to be literally the best part of the year.

Fall > Winter > Summer > Spring

The Florida's guide.

18 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Haha, well right. But then you're still letting outside circumstances effect this particular movie still. If you just take it as a one off it still hits the mark.

But it's not an outside influence, if you saw the message after the credits.