TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

5 hours ago, Danger said:

This is the golden rule. Everyone has their thing, but you don't need to talk about it unless you know you're only in the presence of those who also enjoy it. You don't walk up to a chick at a party and start telling her about how "DAK HAS A HIGHER ANY/A THAN CARSON WENTZ, YUH FEEL ME GURL?"

Ha that line gets me laid every time! 

So, the draft coverage was weird.

I had CNN on for five minutes before the draft.  Then I clicked over to ESPN/NFL.
More COVID-19 coverage.  Songs, too.
And then a speech by Goodell about, I don't know, washing my hands or how the NFL respects nurses if they get punched (on video).
We wanted the draft, the only live sporting event outside of eskimo soccer, and we drown in the same sentiment.
I came here to get away from that and found it omnipresent.

Then there was the fake fans.  Booty.
He faced them and spoke before every pick.  It got old.
Plus, the Jets fans would have had choice comments and the Eagle fans, real boos.
The impromptu, visceral reactions make the draft a real, human event.
This has to be incorporated somehow.  Too sanitized ... in an era where that is supposed to be a good thing.
Also, he asked for more boos.  It sounded like "booze" to me.  So, I obliged.
I don't normally drink during the draft.

Please don't let this event turn into The VMA's.
I get that this is a new scenario.  It gets a pass for that, assuming they recognize the meaning this has to many of us.
The Eagles aren't always in the Super Bowl, but they're always in the draft.
This is often as important to some.

Finally, I think Mel Kiper may have Parkinson's Disease.
This is not a joke or witty repartee or a slight.
I have a legitimate concern.
From the minute he told the truth and said that the Jets didn't understand the draft for taking Jeff Lageman, I've liked him.
I disagree more than I agree with him, but I like him.
This is probably more important than the other crap I posted above.

10 hours ago, Danger said:

This is the golden rule. Everyone has their thing, but you don't need to talk about it unless you know you're only in the presence of those who also enjoy it. You don't walk up to a chick at a party and start telling her about how "DAK HAS A HIGHER ANY/A THAN CARSON WENTZ, YUH FEEL ME GURL?"

Speak for yourself. Thats my go-to

The more I think about how long this lockdown is going to have to be in the Philadelphia area, the more I'm starting to lose my mind.

Very possible we don't reopen for a year at this point based on the Governor's parameters.

Edited by Danger

2 hours ago, Danger said:

The more I think about how long this lockdown is going to have to be in the Philadelphia area, the more I'm starting to lose my mind.

Very possible we don't reopen for a year at this point based on the Governor's parameters.

I just want the movies back

This is gonna suck in the summer