TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

23 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Whats the joke I am missing?

K&A is like one of the worst parts of Philly. This is an area where it is normal to see people whacked out on heroin/fentanyl and then fall onto the train tracks or just passed out somewhere on the train terminal. Lots of homelessness, prostitution, (possibly a serial killer?) and other crimes. Needles everywhere. It isn't out of sorts to see someone who was just released from a hospital already panhandling again with necrotized flesh. I have seen some VERY bad pics of people's limbs that have gone necrotic from those drugs. 

4 hours ago, oland11 said:

K&A is like one of the worst parts of Philly. This is an area where it is normal to see people whacked out on heroin/fentanyl and then fall onto the train tracks or just passed out somewhere on the train terminal. Lots of homelessness, prostitution, (possibly a serial killer?) and other crimes. Needles everywhere. It isn't out of sorts to see someone who was just released from a hospital already panhandling again with necrotized flesh. I have seen some VERY bad pics of people's limbs that have gone necrotic from those drugs. 

Thats wild. Ive never actually been in a neighborhood as bad as you are describing. Though one time I was frightened walking with my kids in Minnesota near the twins stadium. It got late and some random guy stopped me and said "You need to get your kids away from here, now". 

Freaked me out. You dont see that around Austin. Most of our degenerates are just always stoned hippies or homeless. 

EDIT: To clarify, I think the dude was a pimp or dealer. Because down the street there looked to be shady stuff going on. 

Edited by Matts4313

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats wild. Ive never actually been in a neighborhood as bad as you are describing. Though one time I was frightened walking with my kids in Minnesota near the twins stadium. It got late and some random guy stopped me and said "You need to get your kids away from here, now". 

Freaked me out. You dont see that around Austin. Most of our degenerates are just always stoned hippies or homeless. 

Philly folks are a different breed compared to city folks in the midwest for sure

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Went to Austin back in June. Place is freakin' awesome man

• Like 1

Just now, RBreezy said:

Went to Austin back in June. Place is freakin' awesome man

Ive been very seriously considering traveling across the US by boat and car over the next couple years, but something tells me I will get home sick real quick. The only places I have been that I love as much as Austin are NYC and San Diego. Though I have had great experiences elsewhere.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Hopefully any of you in the Philly/South/Central NJ area are good with these tornadoes. I'm in Burlington county and we got hit but I know parts of the city and Camden county got much worse damage.

We got nothing here, not even windy really, but one of the people I work with had a small tornado skim their yard in the next township over, thankfully it didn't get the house.

• Like 1