TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

Speaking of kittens, been thinking of adopting one. But I work during the day. How do you guys get pets (cats or dogs) and work full time? I know people do it all the time, but I just feel bad for leaving it alone for extended hours.

1 hour ago, Phire said:

Speaking of kittens, been thinking of adopting one. But I work during the day. How do you guys get pets (cats or dogs) and work full time? I know people do it all the time, but I just feel bad for leaving it alone for extended hours.

Took a week off work (I had a lot of PTO) to get her adjusted. It's harder with dogs because they are prone to separation anxiety. Cats are easier for sure if you are single. Dogs are for couples with staggered work shifts imo,  so someone is home most of the time. Cats don't give a crap once they are about a year and half old. Just leave them food,  clean water,  and a clean litterbox, and they are content to roll solo. Or get 2 kittens,  so they can entertain each other when you're gone. 

No matter what,  id take at least a few days off work to focus on making them comfortable and safe in your home 

Edited by Jeezla

38 minutes ago, ianlewis16 said:

Kittens are a lot easier than dogs. I got my cat as a kitten, and i was out of the house 8-6.30 every weekday. She was fine. I did happen to be off work for the first few days however which does help. 

How old was it when you got it? 

My 2 year old daughter has a shirt that says 'PHILLY PHILLY" on it that we bought her for the Super Bowl.

She was wearing it today, so I taught her that whenever I say to her "You want Philly Philly" then she says "Yeah, let's do it."

I'll take my dad of the year award now.

• Like 3