TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

1 hour ago, Hammertime52 said:

Soccer is stupid

Thing that got me was all those articles about how the English manager came over here to learn the value of set pieces from the NFL and NBA like it was some revolutionary thing.

like how has no one ever done some of that and planned for that?

I like soccer, the sport.
I have zero respect for the players. Too much flopping. In middle school I saw a kid break his leg in two spots at the same time, and he was less dramatic than some of these professional soccer players. When I tore my ACL in high-school I didn't react the way these grown adults do when they trip over a blade of grass.

They need to stop gaming the harsh penalty system and play the damn sport.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phire said:

I like soccer, the sport.
I have zero respect for the players. Too much flopping. In middle school I saw a kid break his leg in two spots at the same time, and he was less dramatic than some of these professional soccer players. When I tore my ACL in high-school I didn't react the way these grown adults do when they trip over a blade of grass.

They need to stop gaming the harsh penalty system and play the damn sport.

I always like to imagine what it'd be like to put a couple of soccer players up against hockey players in some game neither of them play, like Basketball or something just to see the difference in mentality. Soccer players would call fouls if they were touched.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I always like to imagine what it'd be like to put a couple of soccer players up against hockey players in some game neither of them play, like Basketball or something just to see the difference in mentality. Soccer players would call fouls if they were touched.

That's why I stopped watching the NBA too. Besides the awful lack of parity issue, the players are about as soft as soccer players, which is reprehensible. 

Just now, Phire said:

That's why I stopped watching the NBA too. Besides the awful lack of parity issue, the players are about as soft as soccer players, which is reprehensible. 

I feel like the flopping has been reigned in some the past couple seasons, it's much more watchable, that said, there's still HUGE inconsistencies in foul calls. Especially for star players.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24090452/nfl-offensive-lineman-richie-incognito-named-ambassador-anti-bullying-organization-boo2bullying

In a news release issued Friday by Boo2Bullying, Incognito called bullying a "national crisis," said the cause aligned with his values and added, "I can personally relate to it from both sides -- being bullied and being accused of being a bully."

This is all a joke right? There's no "being of accused of" you are the epitome of what a bully is.