TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

Listening to Howard eskin on sports radio right now and dude is a complete idiot. He has such a disdain towards millennials for some reason as well? Like dude your old wrinkly baby boomer butt with need diapers soon and a millennial will probably be changing it for you (or Pete)

Eskins schtick is hella old at this point. @oland11 you're just too young to remember his "prime" years. There's a reason why he's doing Saturday morning sports talk. (Where they have about 20 listeners) He's a sports shock jock. First off, hes not very smart although he plays the role of some intellectual affluent. Secondly, he spouts off bold staments for reaction. It's the oldest trick in the opinion oriented entertainment biz. You don't make money living in th middle. You go hard so either people vehemently agree or disagree to stir controversy or discussion or interaction with your user. He was actually smart in that respect but his act is see through now and nobody cares what he says. Even his "reporting" is awful. You're just the latest to figure it out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Eskins schtick is hella old at this point. @oland11 you're just too young to remember his "prime" years. There's a reason why he's doing Saturday morning sports talk. (Where they have about 20 listeners) He's a sports shock jock. First off, hes not very smart although he plays the role of some intellectual affluent. Secondly, he spouts off bold staments for reaction. It's the oldest trick in the opinion oriented entertainment biz. You don't make money living in th middle. You go hard so either people vehemently agree or disagree to stir controversy or discussion or interaction with your user. He was actually smart in that respect but his act is see through now and nobody cares what he says. Even his "reporting" is awful. You're just the latest to figure it out. 

I’ve always known he was a crappy reporter. I have just never heard him give his own opinions. I normally just see him talk as a sideline reporter kinda guy. 

4 hours ago, Hammertime52 said:

I havent listened to Eskin, Mikey Miss, Angelo Cataldi, etc in years. My quality of life has increased tenfold.

Dude Angela Cataldi is a creepy dude. Plain and simple. Some of the stuff he says about women makes me uncomfortable AF. I can’t imagine a female listening to the stuff he says. 

1 hour ago, oland11 said:

I’ve always known he was a crappy reporter. I have just never heard him give his own opinions. I normally just see him talk as a sideline reporter kinda guy. 

He's been on the local sports talk station for decades. He's run his course. You're just getting the bitter end viewing. People have been on to him for years. 

You should look up the story when Eskin sent some flowers to a woman whom called his show. Google it. 

I worked with Cataldi's daughter.  She acted as if you needed to be screened to even speak with her. 
(That may have actually applied to me.)  But, she was a "b" with a capital "c" to everyone else, too. 
She married the top sales guy who made not just "cheddar," but cheeses you couldn't even pronounce ... at the time.
The bottom dropped out of the mortgage industry, so I guess now she's banging a lawyer who's chasing the money that Donnie (the ex) doesn't have.
She's a hack, so is he (Cataldi).  Also, I think Morganti is funnier (in real time, rehearsed or not).

As for Eskin, his schtick is to be the anti-Philly guy.
He plays the villain well.  He also looks ridiculous in a fur coat, but wears it to taunt.
I once saw a sign at a car wash that said:
CAR WASH ---
Notre Dame Fans:  $5.99
Miami Fans:            $9.99
Howard Eskin:       $99.99 Plus *&^%$#@! Tax
His personal transgressions mean nothing to me, however, he is still just a caricature.
The funny thing is that the Burger King guy looks just like him.
I don't feel one way or the other about him. 
He's like a HJ.  It's not what you really want, but it will do in a pinch.

The best radio host ever is Jodie Mac.
He's everybody's goombah.
Also, he's fair and logical.
I bartended his daughter's Christening.
He was decent about it ($).
The problem is that he's a NY fan at heart.
If he could relocate his heart he'd be a God here.
But, alas, he wants to be Yul Brynner.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Phire said:

Went to FSU's spring game. They had a "throwback" concert afterwards and I witnessed Vanilla Ice perform "Ice Ice Baby." Still haven't had a bad day since winning the Super Bowl.

Yikes.  You know you're career is bad when you're headlining college spring games.  

On 4/14/2018 at 8:43 AM, oland11 said:

Listening to Howard eskin on sports radio right now and dude is a complete idiot. He has such a disdain towards millennials for some reason as well? Like dude your old wrinkly baby boomer butt with need diapers soon and a millennial will probably be changing it for you (or Pete)

Howard Eskin is doosh. I usually listen to WIP, but I turn it off whenever he comes on.