TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

26 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

That is actually insane. How are these modern nominees decided? If it's a vote or ballot sort of thing, it wouldn't surprise me if people put Steve Smith meaning the good one, not knowing he wasn't eligible. The HOF defaulted these votes to the only eligible Steve Smith? That's the only explanation I can think of, I mean look at that list of WRs! Has to be a mistake, which really makes you question HOF legitimacy if it's run by these buffoons.

This is worthy of an NFL gen thread

I've never seen a name stand out more on a list. 

8 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If the Hall of Fame had a puking on the field wing, he's first ballot......no question 

Now that I'm older I kind of doubt the whole "he exerted himself/out from shape" explanation. He's a pro athlete that was playing like... the eighteenth game of the season and hadn't had problems before. I'm starting to think he was hungover lol. 

3 minutes ago, Phire said:

Now that I'm older I kind of doubt the whole "he exerted himself/out from shape" explanation. He's a pro athlete that was playing like... the eighteenth game of the season and hadn't had problems before. I'm starting to think he was hungover lol. 

well it well known he is an alcoholic now so that might be it. 

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

well it well known he is an alcoholic now so that might be it. 

I almost don't want that to be true, not that it changes anything, but holy lord imagine if Donovan was hungover for the Super Bowl. Kind of explains why some of his teammates were sour. Holy crap what if that's why TO turned so hard on him? MIND BLOWN.

24 minutes ago, Phire said:

I almost don't want that to be true, not that it changes anything, but holy lord imagine if Donovan was hungover for the Super Bowl. Kind of explains why some of his teammates were sour. Holy crap what if that's why TO turned so hard on him? MIND BLOWN.

I thought it was cause of nerves/pressure? 

Edited by jonu62882

I think Peters belongs in the HOF no question, and I think he will get in. 9 pro bowls, 6 all-pros (3 1st team). Would have been 10 straight pro bowls if not for serious injury. Viewed as an elite left tackle for a handful of years, and would have been the consensus #1 at a time if not for his career coinciding with future 1st ballot legend Joe Thomas (doesn't mean he wasn't viewed by many as the #1 at a time). Not done building his resume either, let's not forget he started 2016 slow as well, but obviously I'm not counting on it as the man is old and breaking.

<3 Peters

15126371178_e347552b71_o.gif

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

I thought it was cause of nerves/pressure? 

Could be both, pressure pushed him to drinking...browned out and couldn't hold it down when the game started. 

I still don't blame him for losing that game though...AR and his clock management had them huddling wasting a bunch of time to score that final TD...then the OL didn't hold up on the final drive vs Vrabel/McGinest.  

23 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I think Peters belongs in the HOF no question, and I think he will get in. 9 pro bowls, 6 all-pros (3 1st team). Would have been 10 straight pro bowls if not for serious injury. Viewed as an elite left tackle for a handful of years, and would have been the consensus #1 at a time if not for his career coinciding with future 1st ballot legend Joe Thomas (doesn't mean he wasn't viewed by many as the #1 at a time). Not done building his resume either, let's not forget he started 2016 slow as well, but obviously I'm not counting on it as the man is old and breaking.

<3 Peters

15126371178_e347552b71_o.gif

Angry mama bear!