TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

it's headed right for me apparently

Note: I'm in Sarasota...45 min south of Tampa. 

And because my town has never in it's history been directly hit by anything worse than a tropical storm, it's woefully unprepared for any sort of disaster.    

my boy is over for the weekend and we have plenty of alcohol and....stuff. lol.

• Like 1

My folks have a house on the Atlantic Coast side literally right on the beach ever since Matthew last year. Just north of Daytona. My pops has a webcam pointed towards the Ocean I'll see if I can get a link to it so y'all can see that perspective from there live.

But yeah my sister's best friend lives down in Cape Coral and her parents were too stupid to get out in time, now they're holed up in a shelter.  It's gon be bad.

Edited by Danger

yeah this really kinda put things into perspective for me as a young guy with a new career and and a new house.....of course the one year we actually get hit by anything more than a Tropical storm it's this one. not the other 50+ years Sarasota has been hurricane proof.

Sunk like 2 grand into hurricane shutters

Word is that come 9 am ET winds will be just at a measly 40 mph...then up to 70s around 1.....then 90s in evening, and 100+ winds by 10 pm IF it doesn't get stronger which is possible. 

I'll post pics. hoping my power stays on at least until late tonight or tomorrow.