TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

10 hours ago, Bednarik60 said:

I been using kettlebells lately at my gym, they are pretty awesome, they are odd and make you work mechanically different, but in a way you got to use your core and stabalizer muscles a lot. 

I love kettlebells, so versatile.

8 hours ago, Phire said:

Anyone have contacts or get LASIK? Eyes going to crap and things that are like 40 yards and beyond are blurry as hell. Refuse to wear glasses lol. ?

I wore contacts from 18 to my mid 20s.  Started off with monthly ones but you have to clean those every day so went to dailies which cost a bit more, but were a lot more convenient.

I then got my eyes lasered.  Cost quite a bit, but definitely worth it!  Could drive the next day.

10 hours ago, iPwn said:

I went to one when I was in college because it was cheaper than the on campus one. They get a bad rep because of the lunk rule and the pizza parties, but they aren’t terrible. They’re definitely great for a beginner’s gym. If you get to the point of taking lifting really seriously, you should find a place with more free weights, but getting started or just using it to get in shape, the value is great. 

Yeah it was not really what I was looking for. No squat racks or free press racks and  dumbells didn't go nearly high enough. It was a nice space though 

6 minutes ago, ianlewis16 said:

Yeah it was not really what I was looking for. No squat racks or free press racks and  dumbells didn't go nearly high enough. It was a nice space though 

its a little to purple and yellow in there to right? 

That was my hold up ever even going to look at the place, just to much purple and yellow going on, like super aggressive coloring. 

I don't know who was like "purple and yellow man, that would be sick" . But they need to get  dumbbell dropped on them. 

4 hours ago, marky_b27 said:

I wore contacts from 18 to my mid 20s.  Started off with monthly ones but you have to clean those every day so went to dailies which cost a bit more, but were a lot more convenient.

I then got my eyes lasered.  Cost quite a bit, but definitely worth it!  Could drive the next day.

I've been wearing glasses since I was in like 2nd grade. Never actually knew anyone who got Lasik, it's something I wanted to do for a long time.

13 hours ago, Phire said:

Anyone have contacts or get LASIK? Eyes going to crap and things that are like 40 yards and beyond are blurry as hell. Refuse to wear glasses lol. ?

Got LASIK about 10 years ago. One of the best things I've ever done. 

Wore some dumb goggles for 24 hours but after that was good to go. I imagine recovery time is a lot quicker these days. 

The process, a decade ago, was a bit nerve racking though. 

27 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Wore some dumb goggles for 24 hours but after that was good to go. I imagine recovery time is a lot quicker these days. 

Do your eyes slightly degrade over time still? I've read that a decent amount of the time people will still need reading glasses at some point.

37 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Big fantasy draft today. I've done zero prep work for the first time in my fantasy football career. And I feel ok about it.

Take Ryan Tannehill in the first round. You'll be champion for sure! 

I got a draft on Thursday night and I have a rehearsal, so I'm trying to figure out how I can draft and still look like I'm directing.......

6 hours ago, ianlewis16 said:

Yeah that's the big drawback. There should be plenty of gyms around.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

I didn't have to wear goggles, though had to tape on some plastic dishes onto my face so I didn't poke my eye whilst I slept.