TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Did one of you guys find me on facebook and try to add as friend? I just clicked decline on someone as I didnt know them, and then afterwards realized it said a mutual friend was Kilty....

Did he have a mustache? 

Cause if he had a mustache. 

It was me. 

Edited by Bednarik60
  • Like 1

I just deadlifted 410 for 8 listening to Japanese wrestling theme songs...seriously Tetsuya Naito's theme song pushed me through that set

My goal is to be able to rep all these for 10 by the end of Septemberd mInstagram-7d3113.pngI'm there on the squat. I'm 2 away on the Bench and deadlift, and I haven't checked the OHP, but I've hit 185 so that puts me at around 10 based on the NASM ORM conversion chart...

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

Repping 410 on deadlift is sick @EaglesFan5-36-81

Appreciate it @Bednarik60 1 through 5 flew off the ground, 6 and 7 were a little slower but still moved. 8 moved slow but truth be told I may have had another one or two in the tank but I figured I'd take the victory. It was already a PR by 2 and the number I wanted to hit when I walked into the gym. Also breathing was getting tough at that point.

All this at under 200 lbs

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Is it weird that I can squat more than I can dead lift? It seems like that opposite of that chart...

I mean is it uncommon? Yes, but not necessarily weird. Do you lean your upper body excessively forward while squatting? You may need to strength your core and back, especially if the issue you have is the lockout portion.

2 minutes ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

I mean is it uncommon? Yes, but not necessarily weird. Do you lean your upper body excessively forward while squatting? You may need to strength your core and back, especially if the issue you have is the lockout portion.

Nah my squat game is on point, Im a monster on squats (when I am in shape). My dead lift sucks because I cant grip it. No forearm strength. I have the ability to life the weights, but I cant hold it. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Nah my squat game is on point, Im a monster on squats (when I am in shape). My dead lift sucks because I cant grip it. No forearm strength. I have the ability to life the weights, but I cant hold it. 

Okay see my grip strength is ridiculous so I tend to forget about it being an issue for others, do you use chalk or straps?

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Can always invest in some hand wraps, it'll help your grip out immensely.