TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

On 5/16/2023 at 1:51 PM, Kiltman said:

I feel like a recovering addict, went hard into them for awhile.

Got off of them just to start playing more closed loop games that were building up, had a huge backlog from “having” to log into those loot / live service games. I was doing like 5-7 hours in Destiny every night for like all of Destiny 1.

So...are you getting Diablo 4?

I'll prob pre-order in the next week, since its out in 15 days (if you get the deluxe or ultimate edition). I don't really care about the pre-order/deluxe/ultimate edition bonuses aside from the early start, but I want that early start.

I didn't notice any server issues during the server smash, but might be a different story on official launch day.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Jeezla said:

So...are you getting Diablo 4?

I'll prob pre-order in the next week, since its out in 15 days (if you get the deluxe or ultimate edition). I don't really care about the pre-order/deluxe/ultimate edition bonuses aside from the early start, but I want that early start.

I didn't notice any server issues during the server smash, but might be a different story on official launch day.

I will yeah, maybe not day 1. Planning to go visit my sister that week I think.

Usually what I’ll do is wait til the first sale. Nowadays that helps too with ironing out bugs and hiccups. I agree though it was pretty damn smooth in the beta.

There are exceptions, like I just bought Jedi Survivor on day one a couple weeks ago. But too often I buy a game and have to wait for whatever reason to get into it anyway. Have a decent enough backlog between the 3 systems that I’d be fine waiting til then.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2023 at 4:20 PM, Danger said:

I do believe the consensus at the time for most of those was that they were the right move at the time. With the exception of trading Mikal Bridges. That was a true WTF moment.

Tobias Harris I believe was a fallback option after Jimmy Butler wasn't coming back.

I am not picking on you, but nobody seems to remember what really happened.

The 76ers made quite a few bad moves, however, not every bad move was bad at the time.

Both drafting Michael Carter Williams and trading for Nerlens Noel over Giannis Antetokounmpo was a bad result, but 14 teams passed on him.  Nobody saw that coming, not even Milwaukee.

The 76ers passed on Kristaps Porzingas because he let it be known that if he wasn't drafted by NY, he'd go back to Europe.  He wouldn't even visit Philly.  Jalil Okafor was the pest pick at the time, even though the Sixers wanted D'Angelo Russell.  Porzingas wasn't an option.

Nikola Jokic was a second rounder taken after the 76ers had two second rounders.  He did not look like he was in shape coming into the draft.  Most teams saw him as an afterthought.

The Mikal Bridges trade was part of the Tobias Harris trade.  The 76ers acquired the Miami Heat's unprotected first round pick in the swap of Bridges for Zhaire Smith.  That pick was an integral part of the trade where Harris was acquired.  It all happened at once.

The trade for and draft of Markelle Fultz was an unmitigated disaster.  I doubt the 76ers would have taken Jayson Tatum or Donovan Mitchell over him, but De'Aaron Fox would seem likely.  (I would have taken Lauri Markkanen because I watch Pac games.)

Finally, the trade for Jimmy Butler was a coup.  The failure to keep him was probably the worst move of all.  The 76ers opted to pay Harris the max deal over Butler.  Butler did not like Brett Brown who was already regarded as an interim coach.  The Sixers had Monty Williams on staff who could have been promoted.  Butler also disliked Ben Simmons.  Butler was right.  Whoever liked Simmons and Harris was wrong.  Remember, if the Harris trade had never been made the Sixers could have kept Bridges and Butler.  A subsequent Simmons trade (even for Harden) would probably put the 76ers in the championship.

At least, that's how I remember it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, babyatemydingo said:

I am not picking on you, but nobody seems to remember what really happened.

The 76ers made quite a few bad moves, however, not every bad move was bad at the time.

Both drafting Michael Carter Williams and trading for Nerlens Noel over Giannis Antetokounmpo was a bad result, but 14 teams passed on him.  Nobody saw that coming, not even Milwaukee.

The 76ers passed on Kristaps Porzingas because he let it be known that if he wasn't drafted by NY, he'd go back to Europe.  He wouldn't even visit Philly.  Jalil Okafor was the pest pick at the time, even though the Sixers wanted D'Angelo Russell.  Porzingas wasn't an option.

Nikola Jokic was a second rounder taken after the 76ers had two second rounders.  He did not look like he was in shape coming into the draft.  Most teams saw him as an afterthought.

The Mikal Bridges trade was part of the Tobias Harris trade.  The 76ers acquired the Miami Heat's unprotected first round pick in the swap of Bridges for Zhaire Smith.  That pick was an integral part of the trade where Harris was acquired.  It all happened at once.

The trade for and draft of Markelle Fultz was an unmitigated disaster.  I doubt the 76ers would have taken Jayson Tatum or Donovan Mitchell over him, but De'Aaron Fox would seem likely.  (I would have taken Lauri Markkanen because I watch Pac games.)

Finally, the trade for Jimmy Butler was a coup.  The failure to keep him was probably the worst move of all.  The 76ers opted to pay Harris the max deal over Butler.  Butler did not like Brett Brown who was already regarded as an interim coach.  The Sixers had Monty Williams on staff who could have been promoted.  Butler also disliked Ben Simmons.  Butler was right.  Whoever liked Simmons and Harris was wrong.  Remember, if the Harris trade had never been made the Sixers could have kept Bridges and Butler.  A subsequent Simmons trade (even for Harden) would probably put the 76ers in the championship.

At least, that's how I remember it.

Trading Mikal Bridges for Zhaire Smith was an awful move.

Markelle Fultz was the consensus #1 pick at the time, hate to say it.

Jimmy Butler didn't want to come back due to certain personnel decisions. I don't know if it had to do with Ben Simmons or someone else? Not sure.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

Trading Mikal Bridges for Zhaire Smith was an awful move.

Markelle Fultz was the consensus #1 pick at the time, hate to say it.

Jimmy Butler didn't want to come back due to certain personnel decisions. I don't know if it had to do with Ben Simmons or someone else? Not sure.

Jimmy was right about Ben Simmons team chose Ben Simmons.

3 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Jimmy was right about Ben Simmons team chose Ben Simmons.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Jimmy was right about everything. 

5-star syndrome is a thing in College Football/NFL Draft

Probably similar issue with Ben Simmons. Dude just never wanted to give what it took to be great. Wouldn't push himself out of his comfort zone. Wouldn't try to improve.