TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

2 hours ago, Danger said:

5-star syndrome is a thing in College Football/NFL Draft

Probably similar issue with Ben Simmons. Dude just never wanted to give what it took to be great. Wouldn't push himself out of his comfort zone. Wouldn't try to improve.

Kinda wild that the dude didn't even really need to develop a jumpshot to be great. Just needed to be aggressive and hit a couple more free throws. A mental midget.

Edited by Daimonas

On 6/1/2023 at 4:12 PM, Danger said:

Trading Mikal Bridges for Zhaire Smith was an awful move.

Markelle Fultz was the consensus #1 pick at the time, hate to say it.

Jimmy Butler didn't want to come back due to certain personnel decisions. I don't know if it had to do with Ben Simmons or someone else? Not sure.

I don't know that I would say Fultz was a consensus #1.
However, he didn't appear to be a terrible pick.
The best players in that draft went at 13, 3, 14, 5 and 7, respectively.

Simmons was clearly the #1 and Okafor was clearly the #3.
Michael Carter-Williams was ROY.
You can't be mad at those picks, either.

It all came apart with the moves in 2018.
The Bridges debacle cost the Sixers dearly.
Brett Brown should have been replaced by Monty Williams who was on staff then.
Brown had outlived his usefulness.
They should have kept Bridges and not acquired Harris.
Butler should have been given the max.

Imagine Embiid, Tucker, Butler, Bridges and Maxey in the starting lineup ...
... with some semblance of Reed, Niang, Thybulle, Melton and Micić* off the bench.

Listening to the radio now, everyone wants to find a way out, but there is none.
The Sixers need to push all in.
I would not be surprised to see them use the expiring contract of Harris in conjunction with Maxey and Jaden Springer to pursue another star.
Lillard or Beal come to mind.
Irving or Lavine to a lesser, but maybe more realistic, degree.
You heard it here first.

They would have to really piece together the rest of the team cautiously from there.
It is kind of what the Lakers are trying to do.

*Don't get me started on the Micić thing.

7 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

Imagine Embiid, Tucker, Butler, Bridges and Maxey in the starting lineup ...

I don't get the PJ Tucker love affair this team had. He didn't do much offensively or defensively. He just existed and chewed up minutes.

3 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Hows the Diablo 4 guys liking it so far? Thought I'd play it a bit less then I've been but I'm loving it. 

Level 61 barbarian so far

@Jeezla @Kiltman

Haven’t picked it up yet, had some other games I was finishing and out of town for a bit. But excited to pick it up sometime near the end of the month.

I wanted to make sure too of when the Cyberpunk expansion was dropping, which is late September now. But Diablo 4 should carry me til Starfield…which looks awesome.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Hows the Diablo 4 guys liking it so far? Thought I'd play it a bit less then I've been but I'm loving it. 

Level 61 barbarian so far

@Jeezla @Kiltman

Level 82 Rogue. My build feels pretty good- I can do level 45ish nightmare dungeons, but as soon as I step into a level 50 I basically get one-shot. I've definitely been enjoying the game/addicted, but am starting to get bored of just running helltides/world bosses/Legion events/nightmare dungeons, and hardly ever seeing any loot upgrades or mounts/bardings drop. I Haven't gotten any mounts or bardings since moving to T4.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Haven’t picked it up yet, had some other games I was finishing and out of town for a bit. But excited to pick it up sometime near the end of the month.

I wanted to make sure too of when the Cyberpunk expansion was dropping, which is late September now. But Diablo 4 should carry me til Starfield…which looks awesome.

Should get into before they try to monetize it with all that bs. It's great right now without any of that