Call of Duty WW2

Scalamania

I played 3 games of the beta last night. It feels GOOD. TTK is still too low, but it's a foot on the ground game, nice recoik management necessary, classes are very different. Shooting feels nice and the sounds are REALLY good. Getting shot sounds "meaty"

I'm up in the air about this game. I played the beta for probably 6-7 hours and left feeling meh. The TTK is awful, the flinch is absolutely atrocious in this game, the hit detection is the worst it's been since BLOPS2, the maps really don't have any direction to them (IMO), scoring in domination needs to be fixed, sprint time needs to be increased and the lag compensation seems to be at an all time worse.

However, the guns, the atmosphere, the sounds, the game modes (mainly War), the divisions, the top play of the game replacing the final kill cam and just the overall grittiness of the game shine.  

This went from a must buy game for me to a wait and see if they fix any of the issues I stated above. 

On 8/28/2017 at 4:12 PM, Remixxxxxxx said:

the maps really don't have any direction to them (IMO)

That was a major problem in Sledgehammer's last (and ironically first) game, Advanced Warfare: the maps were absolutely atrocious with no flow to them whatsoever. Throw in boost jumping, skill-based matchmaking and awful gun balance and hit detection, and it's easy to see why people thought it was the worst CoD ever, myself being one of them.

That said, it looks and feels like they did a 180 improvement on the guns in this game after playing the beta for a few hours, it actually has more than 2 guns that are actually fun to use, so there's that, I guess. Oh, and boots on the ground is back, can't forget that one. I think I'll take a wait and see approach before buying this. 

I think it is objectively a good game (if they can fix the maps), but it just feels boring to me. I guess the WW2 setting just doesn't suit me. I cancelled my pre-order.

Also, boots on the ground is just really boring after playing BO3 for 3 years. I think if BO3 was the first advanced movement game and AW had never happened, I think more people would like it.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:30 PM, Remixxxxxxx said:

This game is absolute trash - it's Ghosts with a WW2 skin over it. I will be cancelling my pre-order and will not be buying this game. 

It's actually Advanced Warfare with a WW2 skin. this game is ok at best. BF1 came out a year ago and still looks, feels, and plays light years better than this.

• 1 month later...

Archived