Call of Duty WW2

Scalamania

The TTK feels ridiculously slow.  Gotta say I'm not enjoying this game as much as I hoped I would.  Don't like the map design.  Too much junk for people to hide around.  Most adhere to the basic 3 lane layout, but there's just so many extra side paths and hiding spots that I'm constantly getting killed by people I just run right past.  Maybe as people get more comfortable with the maps they'll start to flow better but right now there's just so many people hiding and waiting for someone to run by. 

19 hours ago, LionsFan01 said:

The TTK feels ridiculously slow.  Gotta say I'm not enjoying this game as much as I hoped I would.  Don't like the map design.  Too much junk for people to hide around.  Most adhere to the basic 3 lane layout, but there's just so many extra side paths and hiding spots that I'm constantly getting killed by people I just run right past.  Maybe as people get more comfortable with the maps they'll start to flow better but right now there's just so many people hiding and waiting for someone to run by. 

Your first line is all I can think about it. I tend to not snipe in hardly any games, though I have a ton in BF1. It's just way too easy to use the OHK potential over dropping 8 shots hallf the time. 

I've mostly been playing War, my aim is dog **** still, haven't played much and that makes it a touch easier not having to spin 180s or flick all over the place since you sort of can predict all the places they'll be.

That being said, it's fun, and maybe I just need to get all the attachments on a gun, I've been bouncing around a ton.

I've been playing cod since Finest Hour on the gamecube, lots of time on the MW and Blops series. Last one I played a good amount was Advanced Warfare, little BO3 and 0 time on infinite warfare. Haven't really enjoyed one since BO2.

My overreaction of the first weekend is this is the crispest cod since Cod4. The TTK is longer which is an inviting change for me. The boosts are gone. Guns seem pretty balanced for the most part - the BAR and Thompson imo are in classes of their own, and snipers are good. I have probably 1,000 kills or so and I have been killed by a sniper within 20 feet maybe once or twice. I don't mind getting picked off half way across the map in one shot. How it should be. That being said the aim assist for snipers is a little much.

CAN WE TALK ABOUT GRIDIRON!! Best game mode in cod ever, period. Combined blitz and uplink which were 2 crap game modes to make one that is actually really really fun. 

Sledgehammer has done what I expected the series would do once they announced the 3 different studios in rotation - make significant changes to the structure of the game. 

26 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I've been playing cod since Finest Hour on the gamecube, lots of time on the MW and Blops series. Last one I played a good amount was Advanced Warfare, little BO3 and 0 time on infinite warfare. Haven't really enjoyed one since BO2.

My overreaction of the first weekend is this is the crispest cod since Cod4. The TTK is longer which is an inviting change for me. The boosts are gone. Guns seem pretty balanced for the most part - the BAR and Thompson imo are in classes of their own, and snipers are good. I have probably 1,000 kills or so and I have been killed by a sniper within 20 feet maybe once or twice. I don't mind getting picked off half way across the map in one shot. How it should be. That being said the aim assist for snipers is a little much.

CAN WE TALK ABOUT GRIDIRON!! Best game mode in cod ever, period. Combined blitz and uplink which were 2 crap game modes to make one that is actually really really fun. 

Sledgehammer has done what I expected the series would do once they announced the 3 different studios in rotation - make significant changes to the structure of the game. 

Yeah, I am loving this game so far.  The release was a disaster, at least on Xbox, but once got into games consistently I was having a blast.  

I’ll have to give Gridiron another chance.  I’ve only played it once and it was on Gibraltar.  My teammates were terrible and it was just a mess of a game so I gave up on it. 

35 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I haven't played gridiron yet. I'll have to check that out.

43 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Yeah, I am loving this game so far.  The release was a disaster, at least on Xbox, but once got into games consistently I was having a blast.  

I’ll have to give Gridiron another chance.  I’ve only played it once and it was on Gibraltar.  My teammates were terrible and it was just a mess of a game so I gave up on it. 

Gibraltar is a bad map. It is bad for Gridiron. Do not take the ball in the tunnel on the side unless you like everyone rushing in and getting slaughtered over and over while people are passing the ball back and forth between teams lol.

That and the one with the trenches, and then finally the one that is on the ship, I think USS Texas? Those are the 3 weak maps for that game mode. The docks isn't great either.

Keep in mind you pretty much need a team of a few people to play Gridiron like any objective heavy mode. With 4+ people the game is an absolute blast, and it makes for some quick easy wins against random avg players, or some hard fought and long games against another team. We've had 50-0 games (it switched sides after 25 points) in less than 5 minutes, and I've had one 0-0 double overtime game that lasted like 15+ minutes.

Bought this game after a lot of my friends have been enjoying it.. definitely have had fun so far. While it is one of the first COD games I have enjoyed in years, it is definitely not without its flaws... flaws that should NOT be present after being in development for 3 years. BOTG has been awesome but I am more so just frustrated with connection related nonsense. Not being awarded supply drops when it says I unlocked them, disconnects after every match, and pretty poor hit detection. The connection issues give me horrid flashbacks to week 1 For Honor.

I have my gripes with the game as well.. Semi-auto rifles feel useless, perks don't seem to have much effect, scorestreaks are difficult to get, and the damn shellshock is constant.. almost seems like its worse when I get stuck in a barrage of friendly nades while solo capping on hardpoint. 

Has the potential to be a great game... but this first update better be HUGE.

Archived