Call of Duty WW2

Scalamania

Not sure how much I'm going to be playing this game going forward.  Which is too bad because the core gameplay is actually pretty solid.  But between all the connection issues, the matchmaking that certainly feels like SBMM is in play, and the absolutely atrocious spawn system I'm just not enjoying it anymore.  The developers have repeatedly claimed that SBMM isn't part of matchmaking, but the more I play the harder I find that to believe.  And the spawns are some of the worst I can remember in any COD ever.  When you can get killed in your spawn 5 or 6 times in a row before you get an chance at a different spawn that's a problem.  Every game is just a race to the opposite spawns because the team that can get there and get control will run away with the game.  And it's a small thing, but killing my K/D because my teammates repeatedly kill me in hardcore is just BS.  It's not uncommon after a complete game of Domination to have at least 5 or 6 deaths that came from friendly fire.  I don't mind actually dying, but adding to my death count and resetting my streaks is just stupid.  Especially when there's far too many players who love to do stupid things like intentionally kill teammates off flags right before they're capped. 

9 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

just downloaded this and played 3 games now & had like 3 of my top 5 games of all time on COD. haven't played in like 2 years. either ppl suck now or i acquired skills out of nowhere. 

for your first 5-10 games you get put in lobbies of only people that have never played the game before

To all you folks who bought the game and have been playing consistently, do you feel like you're going to have map fatigue in the near future?  I'm considering purchasing this game, but a friend of mine was telling me he is starting to get map fatigue.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

To all you folks who bought the game and have been playing consistently, do you feel like you're going to have map fatigue in the near future?  I'm considering purchasing this game, but a friend of mine was telling me he is starting to get map fatigue.

does that mean getting tired of the maps? the boat map and the snowy map suck. i get wrecked on those every time. so i am heavily fatigued of those. 

1 minute ago, jfinley88 said:

does that mean getting tired of the maps? the boat map and the snowy map suck. i get wrecked on those every time. so i am heavily fatigued of those. 

Exactly.  I don't believe the game shipped with all that many multiplayer maps.  Side note:  I liked some of the maps from MW2 and the original Black Ops game the most.

8 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

can confirm

back to my .5 KD 

right after i typed this had the best game of my life 

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

Exactly.  I don't believe the game shipped with all that many multiplayer maps.  Side note:  I liked some of the maps from MW2 and the original Black Ops game the most.

yeah i feel like there's 6-7 maps. i wouldn't say im tired of them. i just hate super open maps. there's 2 that it's like sniper city. other ones are cool. 

6 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

It took less than a month and they are already putting weapons in the supply drops. This is exactly why I didn't buy this game.

The loot crate and microtransaction fad has completely ruined gaming.

I haven't played Call of Duty in a long time.  I didn't know this was happening.  Thanks for posting it.

27 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

It took less than a month and they are already putting weapons in the supply drops. This is exactly why I didn't buy this game.

I haven't read the news but WTF.  This blows.  

40 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Difference here is you can actually obtain those supply drops through gameplay. 

If you want to be stupid enough to buy a ton of boxes... go for it.. traditionally, the guns in the drops are buns anyways

8 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Difference here is you can actually obtain those supply drops through gameplay. 

If you want to be stupid enough to buy a ton of boxes... go for it.. traditionally, the guns in the drops are buns anyways

I don't know much about IW, but in BO3 some of the best guns (MSMC, M16, Marshalls, Peacekeeper) in the game were in Supply Drops. I had 30 days played and never got a bunch of them. 

Locking guns behind RNG is complete BS. 

Archived