Call of Duty WW2

Scalamania

• 2 weeks later...

I got this game on sale for $30 on Amazon and just got it today. This game is absolutely terrible. I wanted to give COD one more try since WW2 was what made this franchise great but I'm out. I'll play zombies but I doubt I play multiplayer more then ten hours. I might even just trade this back in soon.

16 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I got this game on sale for $30 on Amazon and just got it today. This game is absolutely terrible. I wanted to give COD one more try since WW2 was what made this franchise great but I'm out. I'll play zombies but I doubt I play multiplayer more then ten hours. I might even just trade this back in soon.

Server issues or game-play issues? Just wondering - I cancelled my pre-order after the beta because I also thought the game was terrible. 

20 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Server issues or game-play issues? Just wondering - I cancelled my pre-order after the beta because I also thought the game was terrible. 

Both but I'd say game play issues moreso. Snipers being so OP is enough of a reason to hate this game, every match I played a sniper was the top player, if a bullet grazes you that's it and you're dead. 

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

Not WWII, but BO3 got a nice balancing patch yesterday. Still a ton of fun.

For as much as people pissed and moaned about wanting to go back to boots on the ground, I think BO3 is superior in every way to WWII.  The biggest problem with WWII is Michael Condrey would rather troll people - including some of the bigger names in the COD community - instead of actually listening to community feedback and addressing issues.  This is the guy who thinks people actually like Dom kills set at 50 points and claims there's only 3 bad spawns out of every 1000.  Ranked play was broken as hell when it launched.  There's only a handful of maps that are even average, and then you have the garbage like Gibraltor and Aachen and the giant campfest that is Winter Carentan.  By playing only hardcore and skipping all the garbage maps I've managed to find a way to have some fun playing this game, but it's still a huge disappointment considering Sledgehammer had 3 years to get it right.  I'm still holding out hope that Treyarch can give us something worth playing with their next installment considering their games are the only ones I've really enjoyed since MW2. 

Treyarch has always been far and away the best COD developer IMO.  They usually have the best (and certainly the most well structured) maps, which is one of the main reasons why I haven't been able to enjoy a lot of the CODs lately.  I wasn't a huge BO3 fan, but it's still better than any other COD put out recently.  And BO2 might be my favorite.  I'm super excited for COD this upcoming year for that reason alone - it is being made by Treyarch.

Does anyone think the zombies mode in WW2 is way too easy?  I made it to level 20 the other night and don't think I came close to being killed.  It got to the point where I had to quit because it was so boring.

I would say WaW is a pretty mediocre game. BO1 was good, but they only took over imo with BO2. 

I don't really get the hate for WW2 online play other than the server issues. I find it to be the best gameplay in years, much better than BO3. I again didn't like the exo's and super abilities. But that was less in Treyarch's control and more Activision. 

2 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

I would say WaW is a pretty mediocre game. BO1 was good, but they only took over imo with BO2. 

I don't really get the hate for WW2 online play other than the server issues. I find it to be the best gameplay in years, much better than BO3. I again didn't like the exo's and super abilities. But that was less in Treyarch's control and more Activision. 

Aww, you didn't like WaW? Why so

28 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I don't think the gameplay is bad.  I just hate the maps, which makes it less enjoyable for me.  Especially since I'm mainly a domination player.

I've basically only played war. But there's just not enough maps for it and I got bored. I'll come back one day.

On 12/13/2017 at 8:21 PM, LeeEvans said:

Oomf, that hurts.  I was honestly considering buying this game since it's half-off right now.  I kind of what something else to play, especially since Overwatch's competitive season is about to end and the next season won't be starting up until roughly the first week of January.   After reading stuff like this, about both WW2 and Destiny 2, it's really disappointing for me.

I actually really enjoyed Black Ops and was hoping that WW2 would be similar.  I've only played it for a very short time, so I couldn't make a judgment on it.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Oomf, that hurts.  I was honestly considering buying this game since it's half-off right now.  I kind of what something else to play, especially since Overwatch's competitive season is about to end and the next season won't be starting up until roughly the first week of January.   After reading stuff like this, about both WW2 and Destiny 2, it's really disappointing for me.

I actually really enjoyed Black Ops and was hoping that WW2 would be similar.  I've only played it for a very short time, so I couldn't make a judgment on it.

Yeah I was really disappointing, the campaign is also the worst COD story I've played as well although no one cares about that. It might be worth Redboxing and checking out so you can see for yourself but I definitely don't recommend buying it before playing it. 

On 12/19/2017 at 6:55 PM, LeeEvans said:

Yeah I was really disappointing, the campaign is also the worst COD story I've played as well although no one cares about that. It might be worth Redboxing and checking out so you can see for yourself but I definitely don't recommend buying it before playing it. 

The campaign was fine, even pretty good actually, until they really just couldn't not show cutscenes from the wolf/brother scene every two minutes. The last part of it really fell off.

Archived