Sweet FA - what I'm hoping for

Brit Pack

3 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

I'll be curious to see if there is a change in philosophy under MLF. GB under MM was going towards " Big Men running down the middle of the field" and away from the little slot guys like Cobb.

We'll see what MLF thinks soon enough, but I think ESB is the 2019 slot in GB and Adams got a fair amount of snaps there too

I'm probably alone in this belief, but I'm guessing J'mon Moore is going to show the most improvement heading into season two.  Yes, it is relative that he was the worst of the rookie WRs, he didn't catch the ball, he didn't learn the playbook.  But he's got that kickass three cone time and he gets to reset with the rest with a new coach.  He was taken before the other two for a reason and I'm hoping we get to see some of that this spring and into training camp.

6 hours ago, squire12 said:

Looks like the raw stats might support that, not sure that the comparison between the offenses and pass completions/attempts would mean that MVS/SB should have had more production than Beasley

2018   GB 392 completions on 640 attempts

Dallas 356 on 527 attempts

2017  GB 352 on 562 attempts

Dallas 309 on 493 attempts

2016 403 on 620 attempts

Dallas 325 on 483 attempts

Keep in mind that MVS played in almost a games worth of extra regular season snaps with his offense.  So while MVS's production might be close to Beasley's 3 year average, he required a substantially higher usage rate than Beasley's ever received in his career. Not sure WR comparisions between GB and Dallas are all that great given the drastic differance in their offenses.  

There were  48 WRs in the NFL who played more offensive snaps than MVS last year.  Only 3 were less productive in their regular seasons.  (Chris Conley, Kenny Stills and Josh Doctson).  2 played with awful QBs and the other was the #5 option in their offense.

2 hours ago, SSG said:

Keep in mind that MVS played in almost a games worth of extra regular season snaps with his offense.  So while MVS's production might be close to Beasley's 3 year average, he required a  a substantially higher usage rate than Beasley's ever received in his career. Not sure WR comparisions between GB and Dallas are all that great given the drastic differance in their offenses.  

There were  48 WRs in the NFL who played more offensive snaps than MVS last year.  Only 3 were less productive in their regular seasons.  (Chris Conley, Kenny Stills and Josh Doctson).  

Omg could it be because he's a rookie? The blasphemy!

Archived