Who stays? Who goes?

Apparition

This will probably be the most important offseason of the Belichick/Brady era in terms of key players potentially departing in ways that could dramatically alter the makeup of the team. Who from among these do you predict will and won't return?

Brady (J/K he's never leaving)

Gronk

D. McCourty

J. McCourty

Hightower

Flowers

Trent Brown

Hogan

Patterson

Dorsett

Malcom Brown

Shelton

Slater

Cannon

24 minutes ago, Starless said:

This will probably be the most important offseason of the Belichick/Brady era in terms of key players potentially departing in ways that could dramatically alter the makeup of the team. Who from among these do you predict will and won't return?

Gronk gone

D. McCourty gone

J. McCourty gone

Hightower stay

Flowers stay

Trent Brown gone

Hogan gone

Patterson gone

Dorsett stay

Malcom Brown gone

Shelton gone

Slater stay

Cannon stay

Gronk - A month ago I was already at peace with him retiring, and hoped he could ride off into the sunset with another ring. He looked so much better in the play-offs that I'm now thinking he might be back. Maybe he was more injured and less old than we thought. Honeslty 50/50 on this one.

D. McCourty - Will be sad if he retires. A great Patriot. Amazing rookie year. Terrible second year. Switched position without making a fuss or being a diva. Became an All Pro level FS. On a practical level we can probably afford to lose him. He looked slow this year. Lost position a few times.  His worst season at safety. Made a big mistake which could have cost them the SB, his brother spared his blushes. Harmon has waited patiently, and deserves a chance to start. 10 years. Three rings. Great career and almost certainly a place in the Patriot HoF. But still...sad.

J. McCourty - Don't see him staying. If he retires, all the better for him. Goes out with a ring, made a great play in the SB. But if he stays some team will want a veteran corner, and the Pats have depth there with their rookies coming off IR. I got to see both McCourty twins play on the same team, which I've wanted since they were drafted, so I'm happy.

Hightower - I think he stays. BB loves him. He's the heart of the defense. I can't see anyway he goes. Plus I don't want him and Devin to go at the same time. So this is based on hope as much as anything else.

Flowers - The only must re-sign of all the FAs. The best DL by far. Totally transformed the D once he was back healthy.

Trent Brown - Would love to keep him, but he's a very good player, at a premier position, coming off SB run where he handled three of the best pass rushes in the league without giving up a single sack. He's going to make bank. Plus they spent a high pick on an LT last year.

Hogan - Gone. Lost a step, or simply can't function without better WRs ahead of him. Expected to replace Amendola, failed miserably. A shame, because I like him and his attitude, but he's simply not good enough to do what he's being asked to do. If he's cheap and they bring in some more WRs to play ahead of him...then OK. And I mean like vet-min cheap. Was a liabilty most of the season.

Patterson/Dorsett - Grouping these two because I see them as an either/or. Would keep one, let the other go. Dorsett is a decent 4th WR, made some splash plays, but CP is a more versatile x-factor. I would keep Patterson, if he's cheap, as a good KR and occaisional screen/end-around/go route play. The same way NO uses Ginn.

Malcom Brown/Shelton - This is another either/or situation. Play a broadly similar role. Can see them both going, but not both staying.

Slater - Stay and stay forever. If you're asking me to say goodbye to Gronk, Hightower, McCourty AND Slater in one off-season then you can go to hell.

Cannon - Think he stays. His contract isn't THAT huge, and with Brown (almost certainly) gone, and an untested 2nd year player taking up one OT spot, they'll need some stability.

5 hours ago, Starless said:

Gronk - retires

D. McCourty - stays

J. McCourty - stays

Hightower - stays

Flowers - stays

Trent Brown - takes the next Nate Solder deal

Hogan - god I hope he goes

Patterson - stays

Dorsett - goes

Malcom Brown - goes

Shelton - goes

Slater - stays

Cannon - stays

11 hours ago, Starless said:

Gronk

D. McCourty

J. McCourty

Hightower

Flowers

Trent Brown

Hogan

Patterson

Dorsett

Malcom Brown

Shelton

Slater

Cannon

Gronk: surprises everyone and comes back. I think it just comes down to the fact that he just loves football and playing with Brady.

D. McCourty: extended/restructured and comes back.

J. McCourty: re-signs to play with his brother, clearly loves it here. They could easily both retire though. The McCourty brothers I'm very uncertain on.

Hightower: No feel here. He's a tough one. Struggles to stay healthy, yet clearly the cog in this defense and ALWAYS shows up in the big game.

Flowers: absolutely cannot let this guy leave. So versatile, and is a special player. I'd even tag him, if necessary. Belichick knows his importance, if I had to put money on it, he's not going anywhere.

Brown: walks for good payday. What a steal this trade was.

Patterson: returns.

Brown: returns on a reasonable deal.

Shelton: walks.

Slater: retires.

Cannon: stays.

Non Edelman WRs struggled to bear man coverage on the outside in the SB. I think we have a complete revamp of the receiving corps. I think No Hogan, Dorsett and  Gronk will retire. I could see us getting Brate and Humphries from the Bucs 

Gronk  - Hopefully stays.

D. McCourty

J. McCourty - Hopefully they don't retire and come back. 

Hightower - Keep him.

Flowers - Do whatever it takes to keep him.

Trent Brown - Keeper.

Hogan - Time to move on.

Patterson - Need an upgrade here.

Dorsett - I'd keep him for the right price.

Malcom Brown - Keep.

Shelton - On the fence.

Slater - Absolutely keep.

I also think it's time to move on from Gostkowski.

I think Trent Brown and Hogan are gone. CP and Dorsett I think will be back, but it'll depend on money. One of Malcom Brown and Shelton will stay for cheap. Everyone else I think is back, except I think Gostkowski has kicked his last field goal for us. My money is on Assumption College's finest, Cole Tracy being your starting kicker in 2019.

stays: trent brown, trey flowers, cordarelle patterson, phillip dorsett, danny shelton, jason mccourty, ryan allen, john simon, albert mclellan, josh gordon*, (rob gronkowski, donta hightower, devin mccourty, matthew slater, marcus cannon, tom brady, bill belichick, ect.)

gone: stephen gostkowski, chris hogan, malcolm brown, eric rowe, ramon humber, laadrian waddle, jonathan jones, ulrich john, brian schwenke, cody hollister, dwayne allen*

On 2/5/2019 at 7:02 PM, Starless said:

Gronk - Retires.

D. McCourty - Retires

J. McCourty - Walks

Hightower - Walks

Flowers - Stays

Trent Brown - Walks

Hogan - For the love of God go away.

Patterson - Stays on the right deal

Dorsett - Gone

Malcom Brown - Gone

Shelton - Gone

Slater - Stays

Cannon - Stays

On 2/7/2019 at 12:22 AM, DoleINGout said:

stays: trent brown, trey flowers, cordarelle patterson, phillip dorsett, danny shelton, jason mccourty, ryan allen, john simon, albert mclellan, josh gordon*, (rob gronkowski, donta hightower, devin mccourty, matthew slater, marcus cannon, tom brady, bill belichick, ect.)

gone: stephen gostkowski, chris hogan, malcolm brown, eric rowe, ramon humber, laadrian waddle, jonathan jones, ulrich john, brian schwenke, cody hollister, dwayne allen*

Would they draft a kicker?

Archived