FOLES WATCH: Signs with the Jags

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Comp picks are not guaranteed. I don’t like the idea of just relying on a comp. Are we assuming we don’t chase any FA? Can’t believe in that. 

we probably dont make any huge splashy deals in FA we do need to find roster room for 9 kids. 

Don't see how this plays out in a sign and trade? What incentive does Foles have to accommodate Howie??  Why would he intentionally  help the Eagles take drafts picks and or players away from the team he is going to? Makes even less sense from Nick.

You Tag him, he instantly  pulls a Cousins, signs tender and forces the Eagles hand.

Will a Club trade for a player on a 1 yr deal?

Can another long term deal be reach after signing the Franchise?

If not,  this all is for nothing and we just need to pray, he stays the hell away from NYG and Washington. Any other team he signs with, I couldn't care any less.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Don't see how this plays out in a sign and trade? What incentive does Foles have to accommodate Howie??  Why would he intentionally  help the Eagles take drafts picks and or players away from the team he is going to? Makes even less sense from Nick.

You Tag him, he instantly  pulls a Cousins, signs tender and forces the Eagles hand.

Will a Club trade for a player on a 1 yr deal?

Can another long term deal be reach after signing the Franchise?

If not,  this all is for nothing and we just need to pray, he stays the hell away from NYG and Washington. Any other team he signs with, I couldn't care any less.

Why would they even have to sign and trade?  Not that I think that’s even a thing in the NFL because of dead cap penalties. 

He signs the tag. He’s traded to whatever team bids highest. Then he can negotiate a new long term deal. I think they’d have until July or so to agree to a new deal or he’s stuck until after the year to get a deal done. 

All this is predicted on more than one team that’s interested. If not, the trading team would control the compensation and they won’t go anywhere near market value when they know he’ll just be released and sign there anyway. It’s risky but worth it, imo. 

I said the same thing earlier...he gets to negotiate a long term deal with whatever team comes a knocking. as long is its not in NFCE (lol) 

He just turned 30 so it has to be a team that wants to win now...Cincy, Jax, Denver & NYG

maybe Wash or Miami reconsider their situation  

27 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I said the same thing earlier...he gets to negotiate a long term deal with whatever team comes a knocking. as long is its not in NFCE (lol) 

He just turned 30 so it has to be a team that wants to win now...Cincy, Jax, Denver & NYG

maybe Wash or Miami reconsider their situation  

I'm hoping Cincy, Jax or Denver. I don't want to play against Foles. I really don't want to play against him 2 times a year. 

Go Birds, 

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

10 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

I'm hoping Cincy, Jax or Denver. I don't want to play against Foles. I really don't want to play against him 2 times a year. 

Go Birds, 

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

All speculation is Jax...but who knows they really thought Bortles turned the corner with that playoff run two seasons ago. 

8 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I could be eating these words eventually but I’m not even remotely scared of Foles as an opposing QB. I don’t care where he goes. Just give me assets. 

No Giants No Skins. Don't  want the hype, 24/7 drama/media attention  of a Foles vs Wentz twice a year!.

Hell No. Regardless  of the outcomes.

9 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

No Giants No Skins. Don't  want the hype, 24/7 drama/media attention  of a Foles vs Wentz twice a year!.

Hell No. Regardless  of the outcomes.

Live a little. 

If Wentz is the man we want/think him to be then he should dismantle Foles and drink his soul on a nationally televised platform. 

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Live a little. 

If Wentz is the man we want/think him to be then he should dismantle Foles and drink his soul on a nationally televised platform. 

He can still do that without the drama. They will always be compared moving forward for each team. 

I want NO SCENAROO where Nick Foles somehow wins a SB for another NFCE team. NONE!

Archived