FOLES WATCH: Signs with the Jags

Kiltman

I honestly don’t think you should be scared to deal within the division. Just know whoever’s asking is going to pay an up charge. We’ve traded with Dallas, Wash recently. It happens. 

There has been some recent development where Nick can actually dispute a tag and trade because there’s some language in the tag rules that says the team should be tagging with an honest intent to retain the services. And if not met, the player has a right to file a grievance become a free agent. Now, every union law is usually picked apart and interpreted and there’s some gray area we can wiggle around. Example, we could offer Nick a 3 year, 15 million deal to be a backup and then we can say we tried to resign him and he rejected the deal. And so, we wanted to keep him and then decided to trade him because we couldn’t agree to terms because Nick wants to start and get starter money. 

Deadline to tag is March 6th. And the deadline to get a new deal done is July 16th. So, I’d imagine that the Eagles would issue the non-exclusive tag where Nick can negotiate with other teams and if he finds a deal and the Eagles decline to match, the other team would send two 1sts or whatever they agree upon, I’d imagine, to acquire Nick. So, I would think Howie is already looking for suitors and if/when we tag Nick, he’ll be moved relatively fast. But either way, Nick won’t be on this team come July 16th. 

On 2/7/2019 at 11:39 AM, nlesthought said:

All speculation is Jax...but who knows they really thought Bortles turned the corner with that playoff run two seasons ago. 

I'm hoping it's Jax. We might be able to get a few extra picks out of them. 3rd this year and maybe a 3rd next year too. 

Go Birds, 

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

• 3 weeks later...

Not really surprised. Why I never took any of the compensation talk via trade seriously.

His options are limited, Especially  when QB start to rise up and down the boards after the combine and Pro day.

Giants: Will draft a Rookie and roll with Eli. They're  not cutting (have to happen) 2X SB MVP, Face of the Franchise the last 15 yrs, for as 30 yr old replacement from a Division Rival. Even with his own SB MVP. 

Skins: Smith's  and Foles Contracts wouldn't be ideal, also could draft a Rookie.

Dolphins: Complete rebuild  mold, Why? They Can't tank for a top 5 pick, why spend $20-25M on a QB? Ticket sales?

Basically leaving the Jags as the only real suitor for obvious reasons. Who else?

47 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not really surprised. Why I never took any of the compensation talk via trade seriously.

His options are limited, Especially  when QB start to rise up and down the boards after the combine and Pro day.

Giants: Will draft a Rookie and roll with Eli. They're  not cutting (have to happen) 2X SB MVP, Face of the Franchise the last 15 yrs, for as 30 yr old replacement from a Division Rival. Even with his own SB MVP. 

Skins: Smith's  and Foles Contracts wouldn't be ideal, also could draft a Rookie.

Dolphins: Complete rebuild  mold, Why? They Can't tank for a top 5 pick, why spend $20-25M on a QB? Ticket sales?

Basically leaving the Jags as the only real suitor for obvious reasons. Who else?

The Bengals should cut Dalton and sign Foles. Draft/Sign some OL in Cinci and you'd have a good O.

Cutting Dalton saves them 16 million, giving them almost 70 million in cap (excluding Foles) to add basically anyone they want in free agency.  

11 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You guys are funny. Or at least I hope it's a joke.

the retiring number thing? why would that be a joke? His damn jersey is already in the HOF.... literally MVP of our ONLY and FIRST Superb owl win. retire it, get it in the rafters, then Wentz can lead us forward. it can't awkward lol he won't be here anymore. 

Archived