FOLES WATCH: Signs with the Jags

Kiltman

5 hours ago, ianlewis16 said:

the retiring number thing? why would that be a joke? His damn jersey is already in the HOF.... literally MVP of our ONLY and FIRST Superb owl win. retire it, get it in the rafters, then Wentz can lead us forward. it can't awkward lol he won't be here anymore. 

Because  it was 1 game? We retiring Corey Clements for his his 100 yds rec and a 1TD? Blount for 90+ 1TD? Ertz, Alshon, Elliot for his 3 Clutch Fg? We don't  win the SB without their play either?

Nick Foles will live in Eagles Lore for eternity,  but in no way does his Jersey # deserve to be retired to the rafters. That's for the Elite of the Elite Eagles Players. Not because he pulled a Joe Flacco-Eli Manning in the Playoffs. Regardless if it was the 1st or 15th.

Eli's number will eventually  be retired because he was also the face of the Franchise for almost two decades. 

53 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Because  it was 1 game? We retiring Corey Clements for his his 100 yds rec and a 1TD? Blount for 90+ 1TD? Ertz, Alshon, Elliot for his 3 Clutch Fg? We don't  win the SB without their play either?

Nick Foles will live in Eagles Lore for eternity,  but in no way does his Jersey # deserve to be retired to the rafters. That's for the Elite of the Elite Eagles Players. Not because he pulled a Joe Flacco-Eli Manning in the Playoffs. Regardless if it was the 1st or 15th.

Eli's number will eventually  be retired because he was also the face of the Franchise for almost two decades. 

The Giants winning a superbowl. who cares they've done it before. the whole city of philadelphia was starved. i've spent over SIX DAYS there in my life Nabbs, I know. What Nicky did was unthinkable. Clements is a damn running back who are you trying to kid. the QB is the position of importance and the position that had let us down for so long. don't be so precious. no one should touch that 9 ever again and they know it. 

11 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

When can he officially sign with a new team? Or even start talking to teams? 

I think it’s the same time everyone else can in like two weeks, cause all the moves were for the new league year

but with it being an opt out I could see why it’d be different, figure we would hear already about that though

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Doesn't Foles's Buy out  allow him to make contact with other clubs since technically he isn't part of the Eagles? Or does that still apply until FA starts?

The "legal tampering" period starts 3/11. So, if a team knowingly made contact with a potential free agent before then, they could get penalized.

50 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

The "legal tampering" period starts 3/11. So, if a team knowingly made contact with a potential free agent before then, they could get penalized.

give us them draft picks

Retiring his number? Is he retiring? He just op-ed out of a huge contract to go start elsewhere. He won us a superbowl. Thank you Foles. I'll always hope he does good (except vs Eagles and Browns of course) but retiring his number? Nah. 

Go Birds

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

2 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Retiring his number? Is he retiring? He just op-ed out of a huge contract to go start elsewhere. He won us a superbowl. Thank you Foles. I'll always hope he does good (except vs Eagles and Browns of course) but retiring his number? Nah. 

Go Birds

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

fake fan

Archived