FOLES WATCH: Signs with the Jags

Kiltman

Casual / most  NFL fans are dumb. Everywhere I read I see comments like Foles > Wentz and that the Eagles are dumb for letting Foles go.

I think teams are just jealous that we have two top 10 QB’s and a potential megastar there. 

9 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

he is an FA right now we only have like 13 million in space right now would need to clear another 12 to franchise him i doubt that happens.

It can happen but yea it’ll be some hoops 

Howie will get it done, I’m just curious how he’ll go about it.

Probably means they are letting Graham test the market. 

The can lower Nelly’s $9.38 mil if they want to extend him. Kelce and Bennett have no guarantees I think. So they are easy targets for restructuring. I wonder if they know what JP is doing. If he’s announcing retirement would explain why they seem so unfazed how tight the numbers are.

this is the one thing I can never question Howie on. He gets it to work.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

It can happen but yea it’ll be some hoops 

Howie will get it done, I’m just curious how he’ll go about it.

Probably means they are letting Graham test the market. 

The can lower Nelly’s $9.38 mil if they want to extend him. Kelce and Bennett have no guarantees I think. So they are easy targets for restructuring. I wonder if they know what JP is doing. If he’s announcing retirement would explain why they seem so unfazed how tight the numbers are.

this is the one thing I can never question Howie on. He gets it to work.

I dont know if the eagles had a deal in place to trade nick why not just tell nick that and then let the team get him for 20 million instead of 25 on the tag? I think he walks. Franchising him to trade him doesnt make sense.

Let's be real. Ideally  Foles want to negotiate  his own long term contract, let teams fight / outbid each other for his services. Not be hamstring into whatever deal say the Jags want to offer. Even if the Jags are the team he wants to go to.

As long as he stays out of the NFCE, I don't give two smitts whether its a Comp next year or trade this year. Only Franchising him guarantees  that. Just dont know if you can play Russian Roulette,  if teams don't bite.

9 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

he is an FA right now we only have like 13 million in space right now would need to clear another 12 to franchise him i doubt that happens.

They have some wiggle room with time to franchise tag him and then trade him. Whether it’s some kind of grace period with cap compliance or a point where he’s notified but not technically under contract yet, like when players don’t sign the tender right away.  Not really sure about the minutia but they definitely can tag him and then trade him without having the cap involved, at least for a short period of time. With in which, they trade him. So they’ll try and get something for him, if not, released. Certainly hurts the value at this point. Unless Nick has a handful of teams he’s interested in and that are interested in him.  Get a bidding war going. It’s just real early yet so teams may have alternative plans. It would behoove Howie to be able to fit the contract under the cap somehow. That way he can keep Foles longer to work some trades out. We’ll see what magic Howie works for this one. 

12 hours ago, RBreezy said:

Casual / most  NFL fans are dumb. Everywhere I read I see comments like Foles > Wentz and that the Eagles are dumb for letting Foles go.

I think teams are just jealous that we have two top 10 QB’s and a potential megastar there. 

I've said it once I've said it before. Flat Earthers...

11 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I dont know if the eagles had a deal in place to trade nick why not just tell nick that and then let the team get him for 20 million instead of 25 on the tag? I think he walks. Franchising him to trade him doesnt make sense.

If they did that, no team would trade for him though because there is the deadline like a week after the new year where that whole contract becomes guaranteed, thus weakening the Eagles stance significantly. They could make the room and call team's bluff. But it's a moot point now.

As far as nick just taking the 25 guaranteed and staying, he'll get that wherever he goes plus a starting job.
So unless he really does just want to stay here, don't see his incentives to sign right away.

Archived