Tobias Harris Traded To Philadelphia 76ers

dante9876

11 minutes ago, Utley said:

They didn't have any before the trade either.

Yeah, true.

The Lakers' trade for Bullock makes KCP expendable. Stop going for Davis and make a swap for Vucevic...though the Clippers punting on the season clears the path slightly for the 8 seed.

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think they try to keep that as their core 4 and if Jimmy does walk, you're still in solid shape. Harris compliments the rest of the stars very well. Philly has shooters, shot creators and a flat out superstar in Embiid. Bench is obviously not very good but come playoff time that's not going to matter as much. 

Elton Brand not playing ANY games. 

Clippers/Knicks/Lakers/Celtics going to be battling hard for guys via trade or FA this summer (KD/Kawhi/Kyrie/AD). Someone is going to leave disappointed. 

Dubs over Sixers in 7

Steph finals mvp

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Don't think "Panic" is by any means the right word here.

I do and that’s why I used it however I don’t necessarily think it’s a bad move sure they gave up a lot for an impending FA but this is a pretty good addition for the time being. I imagine they have every intention of resigning him and/or Jimmy and have this core for the next several years. 

15 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Ballsy to go all in. A little surprised by it, but respect. What about their guard creation in the playoffs J?? Jimmy good enough???

It's a bit anticlimatic to end the process with Butler/Harris/Embiid/Simmons as the core tbh lol. Fultz not working out really ended the chance at something epic  

Yeah, Jimmy is a guy that can get you buckets late, but so can Harris. More importantly, gives them another shooter which they desperately needed. I would still try to look for another shooter if I was Philly.

I wouldn't really say that core 4 is anticlimactic. That's a pretty damn core if you ask me. Fultz not panning out obviously was a bummer. Still holding out hope he eventually gets a respectable jumper where he becomes a legit player. 

The Logo does not mess around. 

I'm curious if this move triggers a corresponding move from Toronto, Milwaukee, or Boston. 

I feel like Kyle Lowry is the name to watch whether its for Conley or someone else. 

Also Miami has to do something by the deadline, that roster is a nightmare. 

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, Jimmy is a guy that can get you buckets late, but so can Harris. More importantly, gives them another shooter which they desperately needed. I would still try to look for another shooter if I was Philly.

I wouldn't really say that core 4 is anticlimactic. That's a pretty damn core if you ask me. Fultz not panning out obviously was a bummer. Still holding out hope he eventually gets a respectable jumper where he becomes a legit player. 

It's just an odd way to allocate your assets imo. Not sure it's a championship core either. Will be interesting to watch, obvi gotta see it before I feel strongly about that. Giving up your asset chest for Tobias Harris is pretty wild but he's good. 

Jimmy is a good iso scorer but not an offense initiator. Simmons obviously is, but we aren't sure if he can at a high level in the playoffs yet. And it's a lot of shots to go around. Just interesting to have a core without a real guard.

10 minutes ago, champ11 said:

It's just an odd way to allocate your assets imo. Not sure it's a championship core either. Will be interesting to watch, obvi gotta see it before I feel strongly about that. Giving up your asset chest for Tobias Harris is pretty wild but he's good. 

Jimmy is a good iso scorer but not an offense initiator. Simmons obviously is, but we aren't sure if he can at a high level in the playoffs yet. And it's a lot of shots to go around. Just interesting to have a core without a real guard.

Sure, but late in games Butler will be initiating the offense. Either way, they have so many more late game options compared to last year where they would force feed it to Embiid and watch him get doubled and either launch a contested shot or having to pass it out late in the shot clock. 

So the 76ers are rolling out Simmons/Redick/Butler/Harris/Embiid? Not bad, not bad at all. 

1 hour ago, Utley said:

I ain't a sixers fan anymore my dude. But if I were Philly, I'd be working hard to move Jimmy for someone like Jrue in a 3-team deal by Thursday.

As a Pels fan, I'd love for this trade to go down:

mS5aUNe.png

Jrue/McConnell
Redick/Moore
Simmons/Kenrich
Harris/Scott/Bolden
Embiid/Mirotic

as for the Pels, assuming we let AD play again and Fultz and Smith are able to play again this season...

Fultz/Payton
Smith/Korkmaz
Butler/Miller
Davis/Diallo
Okafor/Randle

Obviously the Pels still aren't making the playoffs this year, but it sets them up nicely for the future when taking into consideration the haul they should (eventually) get for AD.

9 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Welp I guess they saw what I saw. They need a PF that could space the floor badly, since ben wont shoot a jumper. Dont understand why clippers would give up Harris for that return though. 

They weren't re-signing him if they sign 2 max FAs.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, true.

The Lakers' trade for Bullock makes KCP expendable. Stop going for Davis and make a swap for Vucevic...though the Clippers punting on the season clears the path slightly for the 8 seed.

They're more likely to go after DeAndre Jordan than they are Vuc IMO.  Plus, I think there's been rumblings about mutual interest about returning to Orlando.  And I think the Lakers don't want to completely shutdown the possibility of an Anthony Davis trade, which would require a FRP.

Archived