Falcons cut Matt Bryant Kicker

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Do they have someone already on the roster, or are they planning to draft/sign a kicker? I'm sure Bryant will end up somewhere next year for probably his last year in the NFL.

I think the Pats would sign him if they don't re-sign Gostkowski. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, tom cody said:

At 43 could be the end of the road for him. Wonder who the Falcons go for as their kicker now? Maybe a draft pick or free agent signing. 

He already said he wants to play another year.     

1 hour ago, tom cody said:

At 43 could be the end of the road for him. Wonder who the Falcons go for as their kicker now? Maybe a draft pick or free agent signing. 

We already have his replacement in Giorgio Tavecchio who took over for him last year after Bryant got injured for a month or so.  GT was automatic making everything he attempted and was clutch in some close games.  Im very confident in him to replace Bryant although losing Matt bryant hurts though he is the man and loved by all us falcon fans.

I'm surprised they didn't let Bosher kick FG's for them. He did this in HS and college and was awesome at it.

I actually played against Bosher in HS. Dude played DT and did a spin move every single play. Was very good despite being somewhere between 160-170 pounds. He definitely kicked a 50+ yard FG against us that would have been good from 65.

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Do they have someone already on the roster, or are they planning to draft/sign a kicker? I'm sure Bryant will end up somewhere next year for probably his last year in the NFL.

ill put Bryant for the bucs. i mean hes played for them before and they hired the falcons ST coach whos coached hum for the last 10 years so theres definitely fimiliarity there....

54 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I'm surprised they didn't let Bosher kick FG's for them. He did this in HS and college and was awesome at it.

I actually played against Bosher in HS. Dude played DT and did a spin move every single play. Was very good despite being somewhere between 160-170 pounds. He definitely kicked a 50+ yard FG against us that would have been good from 65.

if i recall they tried something like that early in his career and it didnt work out 

Archived