Falcons cut Matt Bryant Kicker

49erurtaza

Sucks to see Bryant go. Guy was probably the most clutch kicker in the leauge in his time with Atlanta. He should have a superbowl clinching FG on his resume but the Kyle Shanahan........

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know he's old but he had a great year. Why not just bring someone else in and let them compete? A ton of teams need good kickers and we've seen that cost a few teams wins/playoff spots this year

If this is directed at us we already have our kicker to replace him.  He has been on the roster since last year and replaced Bryant when he got injured for a month or 2 there.  Georgio was perfect for us while kicking in hitting quite a few clutch kicks and a few from 50+ as well.  He has a very strong leg and we decided to keep him the rest of the season carrying 2 kickers.  Cutting Bryant saves almost 4 mil in cap space as Georgio is only like 750k  compared to bryants 4.5 mil.  So we are good on kicker already and have already had the competition during the season last year lol.

On 2/9/2019 at 1:00 PM, FalconFan13 said:

If this is directed at us we already have our kicker to replace him.  He has been on the roster since last year and replaced Bryant when he got injured for a month or 2 there.  Georgio was perfect for us while kicking in hitting quite a few clutch kicks and a few from 50+ as well.  He has a very strong leg and we decided to keep him the rest of the season carrying 2 kickers.  Cutting Bryant saves almost 4 mil in cap space as Georgio is only like 750k  compared to bryants 4.5 mil.  So we are good on kicker already and have already had the competition during the season last year lol.

Reminds me a lot of our situation  years back with David Akers and being replaced  by Alex Henery. Everyone becomes expendable  when age and money come into play. Especially together at the same time.

Wouldn't  surprise  me in the least if Matt went off next year too (like Akers) for whatever team he signs with.

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Reminds me a lot of our situation  years back with David Akers and being replaced  by Alex Henery. Everyone becomes expendable  when age and money come into play. Especially together at the same time.

Wouldn't  surprise  me in the least if Matt went off next year too (like Akers) for whatever team he signs with.

He will for sure go off he's still a very good kicker im betting on tampa signing him.

3 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:
7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

He will for sure go off he's still a very good kicker im betting on tampa signing him.

Akers was All Pro I believe for SF when we decided to go young and cheaper. Don't doubt it.

Archived