The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

Dream FA Signings

S/LB Landon Collins. We use 3 safeties a decent amount, and he can play LB in nickel. Maybe even be 4-3 base WLB.

DE Preston Smith. He's basically a younger B Graham with longer limbs- Pressure, but not sacks. Good run defense.

LG Mark Glowinksi. He's probably an upgrade over Wis/Isaac. Shouldn't cost a lot.

WR Tyrell Williams + WR John Brown. Need some depth to replace Tate/Wallace/Agholor/J Matt.

That's it.

They probably cancel out any comp picks we'd have gotten for Graham/Darby/Tate/Etc. in 2020, but oh well. They keep our team competitive right now, and all of them have multiple years left in their physical primes.

Would love to have Clowney or Jarrett, but we just can't afford them.

And of course, it's not really an FA move, but we need to trade Foles and a 2nd to Jax for Jalen Ramsay. Then we just need to nail 1/2 of our draft picks, keep Wentz healthy, and get back to the Bowl.

15 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I'm sure they were at least looking into hunt, they already did during the season.
Wonder if they didn't think it was worth the noise. 

I’m always conflicted on an issue like this.

Do I think what he did was bad? Yes

Do I think people deserve to have second chances? Also, yes

Is it fair to criticize the team that signs him? Also, yes

Would I have wanted the Eagles to sign him? I would have felt icky about it, but I would have understood why they took the chance.

I think the same overall about the Browns signing him. I’m just glad I don’t have to feel that conflicted feeling while watching my team. 

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I’m always conflicted on an issue like this.

Do I think what he did was bad? Yes

Do I think people deserve to have second chances? Also, yes

Is it fair to criticize the team that signs him? Also, yes

Would I have wanted the Eagles to sign him? I would have felt icky about it, but I would have understood why they took the chance.

I think the same overall about the Browns signing him. I’m just glad I don’t have to feel that conflicted feeling while watching my team. 

Oh yea man, it sucks to root for a team full of crappy people.

I think more than ever we have to either hold everyone to a standard or just learn to separate the art from the artist.
I've kinda done the latter for the most part. 

Unless there was more evidence that came out, there are much worse guys than Hunt.
How that whole situation played out was just a bunch of idiots clashing against each other to create bigger an idiotic situation greater than themselves.

I know for some being aggressive in any way with a woman is a complete non-starter, but I think you have to at least ask or figure out what the woman was doing before rushing to her defense. Not that it excuses anything really, but in this case she sucked perhaps the hardest in that situation (racial slurs, trespassing where she was not wanted, harassment, etc),

But I'm happy to not have to deal with any of it, lets keep it a quiet offseason. Get healthy and reclaim the nfc crown, which if healthy we have a pretty damn good shot to..

Just now, Kiltman said:

Oh yea man, it sucks to root for a team full of crappy people.

I think more than ever we have to either hold everyone to a standard or just learn to separate the art from the artist.
I've kinda done the latter for the most part. 

Unless there was more evidence that came out, there are much worse guys than Hunt.
How that whole situation played out was just a bunch of idiots clashing against each other to create bigger an idiotic situation greater than themselves.

I know for some being aggressive in any way with a woman is a complete non-starter, but I think you have to at least ask or figure out what the woman was doing before rushing to her defense. Not that it excuses anything really, but she sucked perhaps the hardest in that situation (racial slurs, trespassing where she was not wanted, harassment, etc),

But I'm happy to not have to deal with any of it, lets keep it a quiet offseason. Get healthy and reclaim the nfc crown, which if healthy we have a pretty damn good shot to..

Yeah this pretty much sums up how I feel. A guy can be a dynamic player and suck as a person. Just the same as a person can be a great actor a be an awful person. At what point do we seperate the two and say “Yes both things are true” and at what point do we hold people in the public eye accountable? Complex issue for sure. I get both sides of the argument. I’d prefer not to deal with it but I’m not going to bury the Browns for choosing to do so. 

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yeah this pretty much sums up how I feel. A guy can be a dynamic player and suck as a person. Just the same as a person can be a great actor a be an awful person. At what point do we seperate the two and say “Yes both things are true” and at what point do we hold people in the public eye accountable? Complex issue for sure. I get both sides of the argument. I’d prefer not to deal with it but I’m not going to bury the Browns for choosing to do so. 

Yeah it’s just something that I think everyone has to decide for themselves and respect where others draw their line.

I mean my line with this stuff is when it gets to domestic abuse. Like routinely hurting your partner, there is something wrong with you and you need to be taken away from them. Now yea there are special circumstances...like if they are doing harm to others (especially your kids) as like a one time thing. And maybe I say this as someone priveledged to not ever be physically scared of others. But just find a way to leave, hurting the other person isn’t gonna go well any way you slice it.

21 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Hunt should fire his agent.

Now we're gonna be linked to Le'Veon again.

It's really odd that he'd go there and sign now, like why not wait and see where other backs go? 

On the browns side, why do this now if there wasn't a market and it wasn't a need? It's one of the biggest dead periods in sports.

1. Maybe Hunt and Dorsey are more linked than anyone thought, maybe there is some real loyalty there from them both.
  2. Maybe there just wasn't a market, maybe in this climate teams just don't want the negative for anything anti-women.

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It's really odd that he'd go there and sign now, like why not wait and see where other backs go? 

1. Maybe Hunt and Dorsey are more linked than anyone thought, maybe there is some real loyalty there from them both.
  2. Maybe there just wasn't a market, maybe in this climate teams just don't want the negative for anything anti-women.

Well on the flip side, he'll probably be suspended for over half the season, because Goodell is a nut, so at least we don't have to worry about him coming back and ruining Darrell Henderson's OROY momentum in week 11. It was gonna be a struggle to figure out how to split carries between Hunt and Henderson anyway.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Well on the flip side, he'll probably be suspended for over half the season, because Goodell is a nut, so at least we don't have to worry about him coming back and ruining Darrell Henderson's OROY momentum in week 11.

probably, I mean look what happened with Zeke and there was no video besides the boob thing.

I'm all for just drafting our guy yeah...ride him for 4 years and see how he's holding up then.

31 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

we can't be linked with anyone we dont have any money.

By now you should  know better then to doubt Howie and his Abilities to manipulate the cap.

Hard decisions/cuts are coming.

Edited by Nabbs4u